Absolute Zero is the final upgrade of path 2 for the Ice Tower. When used, it will freeze the entire screen of bloons for 4 seconds (including White Bloons and Zebra Bloons). In the mobile versions of Bloons, it also slows M.O.A.B. Class Bloons down to half speed (this can stack with Sabotage Supply Lines). Absolute Zero can affect White Bloons, Zebra Bloons, and Camo Bloons without the specialty building or 2/x Monkey Village. It takes approximately 15 seconds to recharge this ability on Fast Forward with no support.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
- This is the only upgrade for the Ice Tower that does not have an animated element to its appearance on the track.
- Although some claim that this ability is useless, it can slow MOAB class bloons in the mobile version, making it an exceptionally economical alternative to 4/x Sniper Monkeys or even the x/4 Ninja. Furthermore, Ice Shards have unlimited popping power and can decimate normal grouped bloons. When packed together with normal bloons, Ice Shards can even shred through M.O.A.B. Class Bloons .
- Absolute Zero is the cheapest of the Special Abilities in Bloons TD 5, by the cost of the final upgrade alone. In Bloons TD Battles Mobile however, Glue Striker is the cheapest.
- Absolute Zero, in real life, is the equivalent of 0 K, which means -459.67 °F or -273.15 °C. At this temperature, elementary particles are in a state of complete stasis. Attaining absolute zero is impossible since it would violate the 3rd law of thermodynamics and quantum mechanics. The position-momentum uncertainty principle in quantum mechanics states that the standard deviation in position times the standard deviation in momentum equals the reduced planks constant over 2. A particle at absolute zero would have 0 momentum and a standard deviation of momentum equal to 0. A standard deviation of position multiplied by 0 (the standard deviation of the momentum of a particle at absolute zero) equals zero and not Planck's reduced constant over 2, thereby violating the position-momentum uncertainty principle. Therefore, absolute zero is impossible to attain. Yet another reason quantum mechanics challenges every law of science. (Such as, on an atomic level, an atom can be in two places at once or not exist at all)
- With this information, it is illogical to have some moving frosty air during freezing.
- Also with this information, the Zero Point Energy Machine description mentioning "pure coldness" is not possible in real life.
- It also is illogical that the MOAB-class remain unaffected by extreme coldness, even though all other bloons froze. However, in BTD Battles Mobile, this ability will slow MOAB-class but the Glue Striker ability will not.
- This ability can backfire if you do not have any towers that can pop frozen bloons, so you might need to buy Splodey Darts, or a Bomb Tower to be able to pop the bloons that were frozen.