Apopalypse Mode is a special mode in all versions of Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5, in which there are no breaks between rounds. The cost of towers and upgrades are the same as in Medium Difficulty. Income is not earned by progressing from one round to the next, but only from Banana Farms and popping Bloons. The difficulty and number of Bloons in Apopalypse Mode also increases as the player progresses to higher rounds.
Apopalypse Mode has a B.F.B icon in BTD4. In BTD5, this was changed to a skull and cross-bones on a Black Bloon. This mode is unlocked at Rank 31 in BTD4 and BTD5, but Rank 36 in Bloons TD 5 Deluxe. In Bloons TD 4, this mode has 250 rounds; in Bloons TD 5, it has 400 rounds.
Bloon spawning in BTD5Edit
Bloon spawning occurs randomly but bloons may appear as follows:
|Round 1||Red Bloons appear.|
|Round 2||Blue Bloons appear.|
|Round 5||Green Bloons appear.|
|Round 7||Yellow Bloons appear.|
|Round 9||Pink Bloons appear.|
|Round 12||Black Bloons appear.|
|Round 16||White Bloons appear.|
|Round 19||Lead Bloons appear.|
|Round 21||Regrowth Bloon appear (mainly Blue, gradually get stronger).|
|Round 24||Zebra Bloons appear.|
|Round 29||Rainbow Bloons appear.|
|Round 33||Ceramic Bloons appear.|
|Round 36||Regrowth Leads appear.|
|Round 37||Camo Bloons appear.|
|Round 38||Camo Regrowth appear.|
|Round 40||Camo Ceramic spotted.|
|Round 41||M.O.A.B. appears. M.O.A.B.s enter at a constant rate.|
|Round 42||Second and third Camo Ceramics spotted.|
|Round 46||Two M.O.A.B.s very close to each other spotted.|
|Round 51||B.F.B.s appear.|
|Round 58||Five Grouped BFBs spotted.|
|Round 61+||Z.O.M.G.s appear.|
|Round 70||Beginning of "Freeplay": Bloons move faster every round.|
- It is a pun on the word apocalypse.
- The RBE in each round is different.
- The player's Career Rank doesn't go up in this mode in BTD4, but in BTD5, it will.
- The first Apopalypse Daily Challenge is Feb 2, 2012, and the track is Monkey Lane.
- It might be easier to earn XP in Apopalypse Mode than Freeplay Mode, because XP and money does not decrease no matter what round.
- The RBE of the first level in Apopalypse in BTD5 is 24.
- In BTD4, one of the achievements is Apopalypse Now; it requires the player to pass 100 rounds of Apopalypse to obtain it. It will reward the player with 50 upon completion.
- Apopalypse Mode stops at round 400. After round 401 is started, the round suddenly stops sending bloons, however the player won't be able to start the next round, forcing the player to quit.
- The RBE glitches up in this mode, always showing the RBE of the first round or showing low numbers, like 300.