|“||Pop And Awe Ability: bombards the screen for 5 seconds, popping every bloon 1 time per second, and immobilizes all bloons during that time. Does not affect MOAB-class bloons.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 Description|
Artillery Battery is the final upgrade of the Path 2 for the Mortar Tower. It costs $7650 on Easy, $9000 on Medium, $9720 Hard, $10800 on Impoppable. It allows the Mortar Tower to shoots mortar shells three times as fast as well as giving it the Pop and Awe Ability. The Artillery Battery looks like three Mortar Towers combined together with a monkey controlling it.
Pop and Awe AbilityEdit
The Pop and Awe Ability allows the Mortar Tower to bombard the screen for 5 seconds with mortar shells, immobilizing and popping all non M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. It will also immobilize but not do any damage to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. All M.O.A.B.s and non M.O.A.B. Class Bloons will be immobilized for 5 seconds, B.F.Bs will be immobilized for 2.5 seconds and Z.O.M.Gs are immobilized for half a second.
In Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile, Bloons TD Battles Mobile (before the 3.2 update), Bloons Monkey City Mobile, the ability will not immobilize M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. In BTDBM, it now stuns MOAB Class Bloons on the 3.2 update.
In Bloons Monkey City, the ability can immobilize DDTs for 5 seconds like M.O.A.B.s.
Bloons TD Battles Mobile HistoryEdit
- 2/4 Artillery Batteries can work in conjunction with Glue Gunners (2+/x) and Ice Monkeys (3/x) to make it so bloons cannot escape and are popped rapidly due to Snap Freeze, Corrosive Glue and Burny Stuff.
- Despite the description saying it does not affect M.O.A.B. Class Bloons, it can still immobilize M.O.A.B. Class Bloons.
- Even though it is less expensive, it is a lot more cost-effective than The Big One, due to the fact it fires as fast as a Semi-Automatic Rifle. The Big One is much better at dealing with large groups of bloons though.
- With the Tier 3 Mortar Emplacement this tower can stun a near-infinite number of bloons.
- Due to its fast firing speed combined with signal flare (bigger blasts in conjunction with this is a must), the artillery battery is arguably the second best upgrade (the first being Radar Scanner) for camo detection because even pinks have a hard time getting through without getting hit, especially if its targeting is positioned well.
- In the mobile version of Bloons Monkey City, the ability does not work on M.O.A.B. Class Bloons.
- Although the description of the ability says "Does not affect MOAB-class bloons", this does not imply that any Mortar Tower cannot damage MOAB-class. Note that all Mortar Towers regardless of upgrades can damage MOAB-class. It is only the Pop and Awe ability that does not affect MOAB-class.
- The artwork wears the same hat as the Advanced Intel Monkey Sub.
- In terms of damage, the Artillery Battery is weaker in BTD 5 than the Mortar Battery in BTD 4. This is because this path does not receive the Bloon Buster upgrade in BTD 5. Some argue that its stronger in BTD 5 than in BTD 4 because of Burny Stuff and the Pop and Awe ability.
- The Pop and Awe ability is a reference to the shock and awe tactics the United Nations used to free Kuwait when Iraq first invaded Kuwait in the Persian Gulf War. Shock and awe bombs looked like fireworks and bombarded Baghdad, just like Pop and Awe ability bombards the screen.