Attack Types refers to how a tower attacks. Each attack type is distinguished by the type of said weapon, such as sharp darts or explosive bombs. Some attacks don't fit into any of the categories. These are listed as Other.
These types of attacks use sharp objects. Most can't pop lead bloons, but a few can with certain upgrades.
- Dart (Dart Monkey's darts can pop lead only with Splodey Darts Premium Upgrade, also the sniper monkey's darts can pop lead with an upgrade)
- Spiked Ball (can pop lead if from the spike factory)
- Acorns (Can pop lead when raging)
- Boomerangs (Can pop lead with the Red Hot 'Rangs upgrade)
- Glaives (Can pop lead in BTD4 Mobile, or with the Red Hot 'Rangs upgrade)
- Juggernaut Spiked Balls (Juggernaut Spiked Balls can pop lead)
- Spikes (The White Hot Spikes upgrade for the Spike Factory allows spikes to pop lead)
These attacks usually have splash damage. The difference between explosives and fire is that fire can pop black and zebra bloons, but explosives can't.
Typically bloon-stallers. Usually can't pop bloons, and typically has no effect on white bloons.
- Ice Tower
- Arctic Wind (The aura that slows bloons)
- Permafrost (The effect that slows bloons)
- Snap Freeze
- Ice Ball (Temple sacrifice)
These attacks can pierce through multiple bloons. Some of them can break through multiple bloon layers.
- Laser Vision
- Plasma Vision
- Magic Lightning Orb
- High Energy Beacon
- Orbital Strike
- Temple Ray
These attacks slowly destroy bloons by popping layers one at a time.
These attacks pop bloons instantly.
Combination of different attack types.
- Tempest Tornado (Flash + Other)
- Splodey Darts (Sharp + Explosive)
- Frag Bombs (Sharp + Explosive)
- Spiked Mines (Physical + Explosive/Fire)
These are other attacks that don't fit in the above categories