|“||BTD Science 101 - of all towers in the game, only the mortar with bloon buster upgrade can strip more than 1 layer of bloon at a time.||”|
|~ BTD4 after Round 56|
Bloon Buster (Upgrade) is the 3rd upgrade in BTD4 and the 3rd upgrade in path 1 in BTD5. It pops 2 layers of Bloons. It is powerful against a group of Bloons. The Mortar Tower's color changes from green to white (red in BTD4). Groups of Bloon Buster Mortar Towers can really thin massive amounts of Bloons. As stated in the Bloons TD 4 Pre-Round Comment, this upgrade is the only tower that can strip more than one layer at a time in Bloons TD 4.
- It adds the explosion sound again to the Mortar Tower in BTD5.
- Not only that, but it also makes the explosions smaller again. This is mostly unintentional.
- There is a small orange skull symbol on the Bloon Buster in BTD5
- It was the name of WW1 Anti Balloon plane units.
- The monkey controlling the Mortar Tower has the same suit as a Glue Hose Glue Gunner.
- Using this can reduce a Lead Bloon to four Pink Bloons, making it much more effective against them, especially with Burny Stuff (as this reduces those to Blue Bloons).
- Despite being said to be the only tower to pop more than one layer of a Bloon at a time in BTD4, a Bomb Tower with the Frag Grenades Premium Upgrade can do so as well (due to the frags).
- When you use it in reality, you must wear 2 layers of long-sleeve shirts, long pants, covered shoes, thick gloves and any type of headwear to protect it from any deep explosions or you can wear a HAZMAT Suit if you want to like that tower's appearance.