|Bloons Tower Defense|
Bloons Tower Defense 1 Logo
|Release Date||Late 2007|
Bloons Tower Defense (or Bloons Tower Defense 1) is the first game in the Bloons Tower Defense Series. It is a Tower Defense (TD) game which has towers and balloons (called Bloons) as enemies. There is only 1 track in this game, and no selectable difficulty. The highest ranked bloons are the White Bloon and the Black Bloon. They contain two Yellow Bloons inside, but in later games they contain two Pink Bloons. Unlike other games in the series, the bloons are very off-centered.
- Money: $650
- Lives: 40
- Rounds: 50
Bloons Tower Defense has 5 different towers to pick from. Listed below are all the towers.
The Dart Tower is the cheapest tower in BTD.
Description: Shoots a single dart. Can upgrade to piercing darts and long range darts.
With Piercing Darts: 368
With both upgrades: 448
- Piercing Darts: Can pop 2 bloons, the dart goes through the first one. ($210)
- Long Range Darts: The Dart Monkey can shoot further. ($100)
Tack Towers shoot 8 tacks in 8 directions at certain intervals.
Description: Shoots volley of tacks in 8 directions. Can upgrade its shoot speed and its range.
With Faster Shooting: 520
With Extra Range Tacks: 440
With both upgrades: 640
Ice Towers freeze bloons for a short period of time. Ice Towers are ineffective against White Bloons.
Description: Freezes nearby bloons. Frozen bloons are immune to darts and tacks, but bombs will destroy them. Can upgrade to increased freeze time, and larger freeze radius.
With Long Freeze Time: 1040
With Wide Freeze Radius: 920
With both upgrades: 1280
Bomb Towers launch bombs that explode on impact. They can be upgraded to Bigger Bombs & Long Range Bombs. Bomb Towers are ineffective against Black Bloons. However, a bomb tower works well when near an ice tower.
Description: Launches a bomb that explodes on impact. Can upgrade to bigger bombs and longer range.
With Bigger Bombs: 1,240
With Extra Range Bombs: 920
With both upgrades: 1440
Super Monkeys shoot darts incredibly fast. Its only upgrade is Epic Range (2400) which improves its range greatly.
Description: Super monkey shoots a continuous stream of darts and can mow down even the fastest and most stubborn bloons.
With Epic Range: 5120
- Epic Range (2400)
In Bloons Tower Defense, the enemies are the bloons, like the original Bloons game. In the game, there are 6 different kind of enemy Bloons, some with their own unique special abilities.
The Red Bloon is the first enemy encountered in the game. Red Bloons are the slowest and weakest Bloon in Bloons Tower Defense. They do not release a bloon when popped.
First encounter: Round 1
The Blue Bloon is the second enemy encountered in the game. Blue Bloons are slightly bigger and faster than Red Bloons. They release a Red Bloon when popped.
First encounter: Round 3
The Green Bloon is the third enemy encountered. Green Bloons are faster and bigger than Blue Bloons. Popping Green Bloons may be difficult at earlier rounds, due to their relatively fast speed compared to Blue and Red Bloons. They release a Blue Bloon when popped.
First encounter: Round 6
Yellow Bloons are the fourth type of Bloon encountered. Yellow Bloons are very difficult to fend off during the earlier rounds due to their fast speed. They are the fastest type of Bloon in Bloons TD 1. They release a Green Bloon when popped.
First encounter: Round 11
Black Bloons are the fifth type of bloon encountered. They are immune to explosions. They release two Yellow Bloons when popped.
First encounter: Round 27
White Bloons are the sixth and last type of Bloon encountered in Bloons Tower Defense. They are immune to freezing. They can be considered as the "twin" of the Black Bloon, with the only difference being their immunities. They release two Yellow Bloons when popped.
First encounter: Round 41
Click here to view a YouTube video guide.
Bomb Towers and Dart TowersEdit
(Strategy by: SoCool21)
Bomb Towers are, although very expensive, very useful when taking on grouped bloons; however, single bloons not so much. Place bomb towers towards the bottom of the track and dart towers (tack towers also work but not as well) at the top middle. Make sure that the dart towers can shoot both the left and the right side of the track. The dart towers will take out the red bloons and blue bloons quite well even with the lack of tower targeting; more grouped bloons will go down to the bomb towers where the majority of them can be taken out easily. Then, when the couple of red/blue bloons left come past, the dart/tack towers can 'clean-up' the bloons that the bomb tower missed.
Another way to group up the bloons is via the use of an ice tower. This will freeze the bloons, then the un-frozen bloons will catch up with the frozen bloons, then when the frozen bloons thaw out all the bloons can be refrozen. Although more expensive, it works well.
This strategy's major weakness is black bloons. However, this can be solved with more popping power before the bloons reach the bomb towers - a super monkey or a tack tower camp will do this nicely.
- If you place two Tack Towers too close to each other, neither will shoot.
- If you use Tab to select an upgrade and then use Enter to buy, you can buy that upgrade regardless of whether or not you have enough money which means that you can use the tack tower to fire at hyper-sonic speeds with 4-6 upgrades to get a super tack tower that can beat the game by itself.
- The Pre-Round Comments claim that the game is impossible to beat with only Tack Towers. Ironically, this has been done several times already.
- The Pre-Round Comments also claim that the developers were unable to beat the game without cheats.
- The RBE of the entire game is 30160, which is equivalent to about 2 Z.O.M.G's.
- Due to the short nature of this game, It is only possible to buy 7 un-upgraded Super Monkeys or 4 upgraded Super Monkeys in the game at one time.
- This is the only BTD game where the Dart Monkey is called the Dart Tower and the Tack Shooter is called the Tack Tower.
- This is the only BTD game that has no difficulty levels.
- There is only one track in this game, unlike later BTD games.
- This is the only game besides BTD 4 & BTD 5 where you can beat it using only sharp objects, due to Lead Bloons being introduced in BTD 2. (BTD4 & 5 in particular because of the explosive darts premium upgrade that allows dart monkeys to pop frozen and lead bloons.)
- It is possible to win with only Dart Towers in this game.
- Although Bloons are weaker, due to the high price of towers, lack of variety and only having 40 lives, this game is often considered to be the hardest game in the series, not counting very high freeplay levels.
- Technically, the Black Bloon is the strongest bloon in the game (not the White Bloon) because of its immunity to bombs and from the fact that the only projectile that thaws Frozen Bloons is bombs.