|Bloons Tower Defense|
Bloons Tower Defense 1 Logo
Bloons Tower Defense (or Bloons Tower Defense 1) is the first game in the Bloons Tower Defense Series. It is a Tower Defense (TD) game which has towers and balloons (called Bloons) as enemies. There is only 1 track in this game, and no select-able difficulty. The highest ranked bloons are the White Bloon and the Black Bloon. It contains two Yellow Bloons inside, but later it contains two pink. In this game the bloons are very off-centered. (Bloons are away from the very center of the track.)
- Money: $650
- Lives: 40
- Rounds: 50
Bloons Tower Defense has 5 different towers to pick from. Listed below are all the towers.
The Dart Tower is the cheapest tower in BTD.
Description: Shoots a single dart. Can upgrade to piercing darts and long range darts.
With Piercing Darts: 368
With both upgrades: 648
- Piercing Darts: Can pop 2 bloons, the dart goes through the first one. ($210)
- Long Range Darts: The Dart Monkey can shoot further. ($100)
Tack Towers shoot 8 tacks in 8 directions at certain intervals.
Description: Shoots volley of tacks in 8 directions. Can upgrade its shoot speed and its range.
With Faster Shooting: 520
With Extra Range Tacks: 440
With both upgrades: 960
Ice Towers freeze bloons for a short period of time. Ice Towers are ineffective against White Bloons.
Description: Freezes nearby bloons. Frozen bloons are immune to darts and tacks, but bombs will destroy them. Can upgrade to increased freeze time, and larger freeze radius.
With Long Freeze Time: 1040
With Wide Freeze Radius: 920
With both upgrades: 1280
Bomb Towers launch bombs that explode on impact. They can be upgraded to Bigger Bombs & Long Range Bombs. Bomb Towers are ineffective against Black Bloons. However, a bomb tower works well when near an ice tower.
Description: Launches a bomb that explodes on impact. Can upgrade to bigger bombs and longer range.
With Bigger Bombs: 1,240
With Extra Range Bombs: 920
With both upgrades: 1440
Super Monkeys shoot darts incredibly fast. It's only upgrade costs $2400, is named Epic Range & improves it's range greatly.
Description: Super monkey shoots a continuous stream of darts and can mow down even the fastest and most stubborn bloons.
Initial: 3200 (later 3400 in other games)
With Epic Range: 5120
- Epic Range (2400)
In Bloons Tower Defense, the enemy are the Bloons, much like the original Bloons game. In the game, there are 6 different kind of enemy Bloons, some with their own unique special abilities.
The Red Bloon is the first enemy encountered in the game. Red Bloons are the slowest and weakest Bloon in Bloons Tower Defense.
The Blue Bloon is the second enemy encountered in the game. Blue Bloons are slightly bigger and faster than Red Bloons
The Green Bloon is the third enemy encountered. Green Bloons are faster and bigger than Blue Bloons. Popping Green Bloons may be difficult at earlier rounds, due to their relatively fast speed compared to Blue and Red Bloons.
Yellow Bloons are the fourth type of Bloon encountered. Yellow Bloons are very difficult to fend off during the earlier rounds due to their fast speed. They are the fastest type of Bloon in Bloons TD 1.
First encounter: Round 11
Black Bloons are the fifth type of bloon encountered. They are immune to explosions. When they are first hit, they release two Yellow Bloons.
First encounter: Round 27
White Bloons are the sixth and last type of Bloon encountered in Bloons Tower Defense. They are immune to freezing. They are the "twin" of the Black Bloon, with the only difference being their immunities. They release two Yellow Bloons when popped.
First encounter: Round 41
Click me to get to a YouTube video guide.
- Ninja Kiwi claimed that the game is impossible to beat with only Tack Towers. This is ironic considering how this has been done several times already.
- Ninja Kiwi was unable to beat the game without cheats.
- The RBE of the entire game is 30160.
- You can only have 7 un-upgraded Super Monkeys or 4 upgraded Super Monkeys in the game at one time.
- The Dart Tower is called Dart Monkey and Tack Tower is called Tack Shooter in later BTD games.
- This is the only BTD game that has no difficulty levels.
- There is only one track in this game, unlike later BTD games.
- This is the only game where you can beat the game using only sharp objects, due to Lead Bloons being in BTD 2 and on.(This doesn't count BTD4 & 5 in particular because of the explosive darts premium upgrade that allows dart monkeys to pop frozen and lead bloons.)
- There is a glitch where if you place 2 tack shooters too close to each other, both will not shoot.
- It is possible to win with only Dart Towers in this game.
- There are 50 rounds.
- The first 2 rounds are the same as BTD4's first 2 rounds.
- This game suffers from the glitch that when you tab, you can buy the upgrade regardless if you have it or don't have enough money.