"Shoots a single dart that pops a single Bloon. Can upgrade to a Spike-O-Pult with a level four upgrade." ~ Game description'
The Dart Monkey is the most basic tower in the Bloons Tower Defense series. It has been in every BTD game. Hotkey: D Cost: 200
- Piercing Darts Cost: 140 Darts can pop two Bloons instead of one.
- Long Range Darts Cost: 90 Gives the monkey more throwing distance.
- Spike-O-Pult Cost: 300 Gives the monkey a catapult that hurls giant spiked balls.
- Triple Shot Cost: 1,000 Spike-O-Pult becomes three times as deadly. (Total Selling Price: 1,384)
Shoots a volley of tacks in eight directions. Has short range, but is good for thinning out Bloons at intersections and corners. Hotkey: T Cost: 360
- Faster Shooting Cost: 210 Increases the fire rate of the Tack Shooter.
- Extra Range Cost: 100 Increases the attack radius of the Tack Shooter.
- Blade Shooter Cost: 280 Shoots razor sharp bladed discs instead of tacks!
- Ring of Fire Cost: 2,500 Throws out a fiery hot burst of flame that can pop anything. (Total Selling price: 2,760)
Throws a boomerang that follows a curved path back to the tower. Can pop multiple Bloons at once. Hotkey: R Cost: 400
- Multi Target Cost: 250 Boomerang will hit up to seven Bloons at once.
- Sonic Boom Cost: 100 Sonic boomerangs smash through frozen Bloons.
- Glaive Thrower Cost: 280 Glaives slice through up to twelve Bloons at once!
- Lightsabre Thrower Cost: 1,850 Lightsabre slices through anything and everything up to seventy Bloons at once! (Total Selling Price: 2,304)
Launches a bomb that explodes on impact. Can destroy many Bloons at once. Hotkey: B Cost: 700
- Bigger Bombs Cost: 400 Big bombs affect a larger area.
- Longer Range Cost: 300 Can shoot bombs further than normal.
- Missile Launcher Cost: 210 Shoots fast missiles instead of bombs that go faster, farther, and pop more. (Note: The Missile Launcher upgrade also grants a slight fire rate increase.)
- MOAB Mauler Cost: 900 Special missiles cause 10x damage to MOABs and BFBs. (Total Selling Price: 1928)
Freezes nearby Bloons with every pulse. Frozen Bloons are immune to anything sharp. Hotkey: I (Uppercase 'i') Cost: 380
- Improved Ice Tower Cost: 225 Increased freeze time and attack radius.
- Permafrost Cost: 100 Slows Bloons Down even after they thaw out!
- Snap Freeze Cost: 400 Freezes so violently that Bloons will pop before freezing!
- Arctic Wind Cost: 6,000 Extreme cold slows down anything that comes near the Ice Tower. (Note: When upgraded to Arctic Wind, Bloons that are in the Ice Tower's attack radius are slowed down 66%.) (Total Selling Price: 5,684)
Targets a specific area of ground over any distance with an explosive attack. Hotkey: M Cost: 825
- Greater Accuracy Cost: 200 Increases the mortar's accuracy.
- Rapid Reload Cost: 250 Increases the mortar's firing rate.
- Bloon Buster Cost: 800 Smashes through two layers of Bloons.
- Mortar Battery Cost: 2,000 Triple the pain. (Total Selling Price: 3260)
Shoots a glob a glue at at* Bloon, slowing it down. Ceramic Bloons can be glued but will not be slowed down. Hotkey: G Cost: 300 *At time of writing, repeat of the word "at" is indeed in the Glue Gunner's description.
- Stickier Glue Cost: 120 Makes Glue last much longer.
- Glue Soak Cost: 200 Glue soaks through all layers of Bloons.
- Corrosive Glue Cost: 300 Glue eats through Bloons, dissolving them every two seconds.
- Glue Splatter Cost: 3000 Affects a large area around impact, soaking up to twenty Bloons at once. (Total Selling Price: 3,136)
Increases the attack range of all stuff within the beacon area. Has several useful upgrades that 'help out nearby towers, including its ultimate ability to call in Super Monkey Storms. Hotkey: N Cost: 1,000
- Wider Influence Cost: 500 Increses area of effect for all the beacons abilities.
- Jungle Drums Cost: 1,500 Increases attack speed of all towers withing the Monkey Beacon's radius.
- Sonar Beacon Cost: 280 Allows targeting of Camo Bloons for towers inside the radius.
- Monkey Storm Cost: 3500 Calls in a wave of Super Monkeys* that wipes out all Bloons on screen. Unique. (Note: After you purchase the Monkey Storm upgrade, a new upgrade will appear called Call Super Monkey Storm, cost-850 on easy. Every time you buy it, every Bloon excluding MOABs and BFBs will be destroyed. But after each use you must wait approx. 65 seconds to use it again.) (Total Selling Price: 5,424)
The only unit that moves, the Monkey Ace patrols the skies above the action, regularly strafing the area with powerful piercing darts. Hotkey: A Cost: 900 (Note: The Monkey Ace tower moves in a vertical figure-8 that covers the height of roughly the entire screen.)
- Pineapple Express Cost: 200 Drops highly explosive pineapples.
- Spy Plane Cost: 350 Allows detection of Camo Bloons for all towers near the plane.
- Rapidfire Cost: 700 Increases attack rate.
- Operation: Dart Storm Cost: 3,000 Our darts will block out the sun. (Note: The Operation: Dart Storm upgrade makes it so the Monkey Ace tower fires twice as many darts, twice as fast.) (Total Selling Price: 4,120)
The only unit that can be placed in water - the Monkey Buccaneer has a long range and shoots a single, heavy dart. Hotkey: U Cost: 600
- Grape Shot Cost: 300 Adds a volley of deadly sharpened grapes to the attack.
- Crow's Nest Cost: 150 Allows detection of Camo Bloons for any towers in the radius.
- Longer Canons Cost: 180 Increases attack range of the ship's canons.
- Battleship Cost: 2,000 Total nautical domination. (Note: The Battleship upgrade doubles the attack speed the of Monkey Buccaneer.) (Total Selling Price: 2,584)
Trained in the ancient arts of monkey wizardry. Learns new spells with every upgrade. This unit is flexible and will continue randomly using his old spells with his new one. Hotkey: W Cost: 550
- Intense Magic Cost: 300 Wizard's magic orb becomes more powerful, pop* up to seven Bloons at once. *At time of writing, this gramatical error is indeed in this upgrade's description.)
- Fireball Cost: 300 Hurls a burning ball of flame that explodes on impact
- Summon Whirlwind Cost: 2,000 Whirlwind* will blow Bloons away from the exit, but will thaw Bloons and remove glue
- Tempest Tornado Cost: 8,000 Tempest tornados* pop Bloons as well as push them around. Affects up to 120 Bloons at once. *At time of writing, this spelling error is indeed in this upgrade's description. (Total Selling Price: 8,920)
Super Monkey shoots incredibly fast. Can upgrade to Laser Vision, then Plasma Vision. Ultimate upgrade is ultimately powerful. Find out for yourself... Hotkey: S Cost: 4,000
- Super Range Cost: 1, 000 Super Range greatly increases Super Monkey attack radius.
- Laser Vision Cost: 3, 500 Lasers can pop two Bloons at once, and can pop frozen Bloons.
- Plasma Vision Cost: 4,000 Plasma shoots twice as fast and vaporizes everything it touches
- Sun God Cost: 20, 000 Legends speak of a being that fears no Bloon. (Note: The Sun God upgrade shoots a little bit faster and divides into three beams.) (Total Selling Price: 26,000)
Generates extra money at the end of every round, but doesn't attack anything. Can upgrade to increase money bonus. Hotkey: F Cost: 1,000
- More Bananas Cost: 400 Increases money generated to one hundred twenty per round.
- Banana Plantation Cost: 1,200 Banana Plantation generates two hundred fifty money per round.
- Banana Republic Cost: 2,500 Banana Republic pulls in a cool five hundred money per round.
- Banana Research Facility Cost: 10,000 High Tech banana facility earns you a staggering two thousand money per round. (Total Selling Price: 12,080)
Shoots Darts rapidly but a little inaccurately to wherever your mouse is. You can decide exactly where this tower will shoot by moving your mouse wherever you want! Hotkey: None yet Cost: 1250
Steady Barrels Cost: 250 Steady Barrels reduces the spread of darts fired from the gun.
Powerful Shots Cost: 600 Darts fly out with greater speed, popping up to 3 bloons at once.
Increased Barrel Spin Cost: 2,500 Makes dartling gun fire much faster.
Laser Cannon Cost:15,000 Converts to a powerful cannon that shoots rapid blasts able to cause massive bloon damage. (Total Selling Price: ? )
Generates piles of roadspikes around the track automatically. Leftover spikes dissapear after each round. Hotkey: none yet. Cost: $700
Increased Production Cost: $595. Makes the factory produce spikes much faster.
'Bigger Stacks' Cost: $510. The factory makes piles of spikes instead of 5.
White Hot Spikes Cost: $300. White hot spikes can pop frozen and lead bloons.
Spike Storm Cost: $5950 Covers the whole path with spikes that go away over time.
Place these road spikes on the track to pop Bloons. Can pop 10 Bloons before wearing out. Road Spikes last only until the end of the round. Hotkey: K Cost: 30.
Like all healthy food, Pineapples explode shortly after being placed, so don't put any down unless you want to blow up some Bloons. Hotkey: P Cost: 25
Monkey Glue slows down Bloons. Each glob can pop twenty Bloons before wearing out. Monkey Glue only lasts until the end of the round. Hotkey: E Cost: 10