|“||Bloons TD5 has heaps of new features including all of your favorite towers from BTD4 with 8 awesome upgrades each instead of 4, and two brand new never before seen tower types. So much awesomeness: tower upgrades with cool Super Activated Abilities, new Bloon types, fun new tracks with moving parts and tunnels, powerful Special Agent towers, daily rewards, and daily challenges-a fun new challenge to play each and every day! Updates are coming all the time, and your progress is tracked for ranks, upgrades, and achievements when you log in our new NK login system. Have fun!||”|
|~ Official new description|
|“||BTD5 Is one of the most prized games in the UK, with its wonderful strategy and thinking obstacles, BTD5 is not a miss. The creator of the whole trilogy of Bloons Tower Defence is a truly artistic and creative person, so please give a cheer for the person who invented it. Thank you. Try all the Bloons Tower Defences and go through a mind boggling series. Thank you for taking your time to read this.||”|
|Bloons Tower Defense 5|
Bloons Tower Defense 5 Logo
|Platforms||Computer, iPad, iPhone, Android|
|Release Date||December 15, 2011 (December 13 for early Ninja Kiwi accounts)|
|Last Updated||December 15, 2014|
|Developer||Kaiparasoft (Ninja Kiwi)|
|Tracks||46 (including Co-op)|
|Bloon Types||14 (+ Camo & Regrowth categories)|
|Towers||17 (+ 2 Road Items & 9 Special Agents)|
Bloons Tower Defense 5 is Ninja Kiwi's Bloons Tower Defense game that was officially released December 16, 2011 (December 13 for Ninja Kiwi accounts). According to Ninja Kiwi, the reason they released Bloons Tower Defense 4 Expansion was to tide the overwhelming demand for a new Bloons Tower Defense game, with BTD5 being so far from release at the time. This game is filled with new features such as:
- Tunnels and moving parts for tracks.
- The newest version other than BTD5 Deluxe & Multi- player.
- New tracks. There are 27 additional tracks added up in updates now.
- Extreme Difficulty introduced.
- Z.O.M.G. addition.
- Addition of towers such as Sniper Monkey, Ninja Monkey, and the change of Monkey Beacon to Monkey Village.
- Camo Bloons come out in different kinds of bloons now, and stay camo until all layers of the bloon are popped or Signal Flare (from the mortar tower) is used.
- Regrowth bloons added.
- Daily Challenges added.
- Special Missions added.
- Special Agents added.
- Monkey Money added.
- Special Abilities added.
- Specialty Buildings added.
- 2 paths in 4 upgrades for towers instead of 1 and their respective Special Abilities.
- XP in unlocking tower upgrades
- More surprises and bonuses.
- Improved more than 17 towers.
- Premiums using Monkey Money in the current game/track added.
- Reverse Mode added
- Achievements for Awesome Points added.
- Fast track mode unlocked for3000 added
- Co-op mode added
News and UpdatesEdit
|News and Updates|
|Dart Monkey||Shoots a single dart that pops a single bloon.|
A good, cheap tower suitable for the early rounds.
|Tack Shooter||Shoots 8 tacks spread in all directions, each tack can pop 1 bloon.|
Has short range and medium-slow fire rate.
|Sniper Monkey||Armed with a high-tech long range rifle,|
pops 2 layers of bloons with unlimited range.
|Boomerang Thrower||Throws a single boomerang in a single arc back round|
to the monkey. Each boomerang can pop 3 bloons.
|Ninja Monkey||Stealthy tower that can see Camo Bloons|
and throw sharp shurikens rapidly.
|Bomb Tower||Shoots a single bomb that explodes in a radius burst on impact.|
Good range, medium-slow fire rate.
Can pop lead bloons but not black bloons.
|Ice Tower||Freezes bloons in its burst radius for a short time.|
Frozen bloons are immune to sharp objects.
|Glue Gunner||Shoots a glob of monkey glue at a single bloon.|
Glued bloons move more slowly than normal.
|Monkey Buccaneer||Monkey Buccaneers can only be placed in water.|
Shoots a single, heavy dart that can pop up to 5 bloons each.
|Monkey Ace||Patrols the skies above the action, regularly strafing|
the area with powerful darts in 8 directions.
|Super Monkey||Throws darts incredibily fast. Has long range|
and lots of insanely powerful upgrades.
|Monkey Apprentice||Trained in the arts of monkey magic, the Monkey Apprentice|
weaves magical bolts of power that pop bloons. Each shot
can pop 2 bloons. Can upgrade to cast additional spells.
|Monkey Village||Monkey Village does not attack, but instead lowers the|
cost of all towers and upgrades in radius by 10%. Has many useful
upgrades that help nearby towers.
|Banana Farm||Banana Farms grow bananas that you can collect to turn into|
cash. When you farm produces some bananas, collect them by moving
your mouse over them. Don't leave them too long however, or they will spoil!
|Mortar Tower||Targets a specific bit of ground anywhere on the screen. Launches explosive mortar shells to that spot. Useful for placing far away from|
the track to make room for other towers.
|Dartling Gun||Shoots darts like a machine gun, super fast but not very accurate.|
The Dartling Gun shoots towards wherever your mouse it, so you
control how effective it is!
|Spike Factory||Generates piles of road spikes on bits of nearby track. Each pile can pop 5 bloons, and unused spikes disappear at the end of each round.||$640/$750/$755||M|
There are 36 tracks all in all.
Located at the street itself. A track that is on an intersection of a street. The Bloons come from the top and right and go straight across. There is a little spot of water in the corner, which has duckies in it. As with Bloontonium Lab, there are no saves. It costs 25 to play. This track was added May 10, 2012. (Unlocked at Rank 50.)
- This track has 5 short tracks where the bloons go. The area has water in the middle. This cost 50 to play.
- Main article: Bloononomics
- The Mad Snowman makes a cameo appearance on the Christmas-themed main menu.
- A certain rank is required to unlock expert and extreme tracks.
- Pressing a certain key (a hotkey) allows you to place a tower without moving your mouse to select it.
- Since the new Tribal Turtle Special Agent was added, the music has gotten faster-paced and new pictures appear for each specific upgrade.
- The sounds heard for upgrading towers and popping bloons are sounds from Bloons 2.
- Unlike the Bloons TD 4 series, the player needs to collect the bananas from the Banana Farms.
- A green floppy disk symbol () in the upper-right corner means that your game can be saved.
- The Track Difficulty means how challenging the track is to beat, while the three difficulty modes for each track (Easy, Medium, and Hard) only change the price of everything, how many rounds the player has to pass, how many lives the player has, and how fast the bloons move.
- This game has the 3rd online animation style in Bloons series, the first is the animation used in Bloons and in the first 5 BTD games, and the second is the animation used in Bloons 2 and Bloons Blast.
- This is the first Bloons TD game that you can build towers on a section of the bloons path.
- The Extreme Difficulty has no save feature, Sandbox, Apopalypse, Deflation, or Fast-Track mode.
- The former round limit was 500, however that limit was removed after people started reaching that far.
- A new BTD5 was added to the Mac App Store, which includes every tower including the ones in the mobile version.