|“||Bloontonium. The mysterious material that infuses Bloons with their power. Some would just wield it against their fellow Monkey Cities. The only viable deterrent is for you to join the arms race and build your own Bloontonium Generator.||”|
|~ "Precious Precious Bloontonium" Quest description|
Bloontonium is the chemical used to create Bloons and is first mentioned in Bloons Tower Defense 5.
It makes its real appearance in Bloons Monkey City, and has as for now only one use, to send Bloons at other players in Monkey vs Monkey. It is created from Bloontonium Generators, and stored in Bloontonium Storage Tanks. Every time you win a defend battle, the amount of Bloontonium acquired is the same as how many Bloons you popped in that battle. Bloontonium can also be bought with Bloonstones for 1 per 40 (or 1 per 2 on mobile)
- The only items that are references to Bloontonium in Bloons TD 5 are Depleted Bloontonium Darts, Bloontonium Lab, and the Bloontonium Reactor for the Monkey Sub.
- Bloontonium is a play on the word Plutonium (Pu).
- Bloontonium is a radioactive element and so often carries the radioactive hazard symbol on its container.
- Bloontonium is a currency in Bloons Monkey City; its sole use is to be used for Monkey vs Monkey battles.
- According to the Bloontonium Mine and the Bloontonium Generator, Bloontonium can be both mined and generated.
- In the mobile version, when the Bloontonium tanks exceed their maximum capacity (over 100%) they will shake, and can only store up to 200%.