|“||Launches a bomb that explodes on impact. Can destroy many bloons at once.||”|
|~ BTD4 description|
Bomb Tower is a tower in the BTD series. It is called Cannon in BTD2 and BTD3, Bomb in Bloons Tower Defense 4 (iPhone/iPod Touch), and Bomb Shooter in Bloons Monkey City. The Bomb Tower is a cannon that fires bombs at bloons to pop them. It can pop more than one at once if there enough gathered by the explosion point. An unupgraded Bomb Tower is completely ineffective against Black and Zebra bloons due to their immunity towards explosions.
At first, the Bomb Tower is weak, frequently missing in shots and causing small explosions. However, after it has been upgraded to Bigger Bombs, its shots deliver a big explosion and it rarely misses in shots.
In BTD5 and BTD Battles, the bomb tower is very useful because of its flexibility. Use Path 1 upgrades (Cluster Bombs/Bloon Impact) for popping standard bloons or Path 2 upgrades (M.O.A.B. Mauler/M.O.A.B. Assassin) for popping M.O.A.B. class bloons.
Using Frag Bombs makes this tower more powerful, and allows it to pop Black and Zebra Bloons. (Group attacks work best)
It's impossible to completely destroy a MOAB class bloon completely with an unupgraded bomb tower because of the Zebra Bloons and Black Bloons inside, unless you have Level 3 Bombing Range activated, or the tower upgraded to Bloon Impact, in BTD5, or Frag Bombs in BTD3, BTD4, and BTD5.
Bloons TD 1Edit
- Cost: $900
- Cost: $650
- Cost: $250
Bloons TD 2EditCost:
- $520 Easy
- $585 Medium
- $650 Hard
- $380 Easy
- $430 Medium
- $435 Hard
- $180 Easy
- $205 Medium
- $210 Hard
Bloons TD 3Edit
|Extra Range Bombs||$170||$205||$215|
Bloons TD 4Edit
|Bigger Bombs||$340||$400||$430||Big bombs affects a larger area.|
|Longer Range||$170||$200||$215||Can shoot bombs further than normal.|
|Missile Launcher||$180||$210||$225||Shoots fast missiles instead of bombs that go faster, further, and pop more.|
|MOAB Mauler||$765||$900||$970||Special missiles cause 10x damage to MOABs and BFBs.|
This upgrade can be obtained for free from the premium store ($0.99 on the Bloons Tower Defense 4 (Mobile)).
Bloons TD 5Edit
- $555 Easy
- $650 Medium
- $700 Hard
- $780 Impoppable
Path 1 UpgradesEdit
Gives tower longer attack range.
Each explosion throws out 8 sharp fragments that pop even more bloons.
|***If you get any more upgrades past this upgrade, you will be locked out of any further Path 2 upgrades.***|
Throws out secondary bombs instead of frags- causing widespread explosive poppage. (Cluster bombs cannot pop black and zebra bloons).
Impacts from this tower become so violent, bloons become stunned for a short time when they are hit. (Bomb tower can now pop black and zebra bloons from the sheer force of the impact)
|Total Sell Amount||$4048||$4759||$5140||$5950 ($6480 with path 2 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$5060||$5950||$6425||$7130 ($8100 with path 2 upgrades)|
Path 2 UpgradesEdit
Bombs hit a larger area. Popping Power 50.
Missiles fly faster and further, popping more bloons and have higher velocity. Popping Power 55, +20% faster shooting.
|***If you get any more upgrades past this upgrade, you will be locked out of any further Path 1 upgrades.***|
Special missiles do 10x the damage to MOAB class bloons. +10% faster shooting.
Special Ability: Super deadly missiles seek out and instantly destroys the nearest MOAB-Class Bloon. Does 1000 damage to ZOMGs instead of destroying them. (If there are no MOAB class bloons on screen it will destroy the strongest bloon on screen)
|Total Sell Amount||$3776||$4439||$4788||$5328 ($5808 with path 1 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$4720||$5550||$5985||$6660 ($7260 with path 1 upgrades)|
Bloons TD BattlesEdit
In Bloons TD Battles, is in the first tier of towers and is absolutely free but the four tier of upgrades costs 30. A bomb tower is very useful when leads have been unlocked but if you have the Monkey Buccaneer unlocked it might be just as good to use them. However, the Cannons have MOAB Maulers, so these might be good in late-rounds when MOABs start to appear. Be wary of Camo Bloons as Bomb Towers can't attack them (outside of the MOAB Assassin Ability).
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Explosions are generally nerfed in mobile, with Bomb Towers being no exception. However, Bloon Impact is drastically more effective due to the increased stun duration, and MOAB Assassin can benefit from the Monkey Fort glitch.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Bomb Tower is a fairly popular tower due to its flexibility and overall usefulness, having the advantage of area damage (especially when upgraded to the Cluster Bomb and Bloon Impact upgrades) and specialized MOAB-popping power (path-2 upgrades MOAB Mauler and MOAB Assassin). However, like the Mortar pre 4.1 it's not as used compared to Flash due to the much smaller blast radius. It is often used when the other selected towers are weak against grouped bloons or MOAB Class Bloons. Popular loadouts include: Dart-Farm-Bomb, Heli-Farm-Bomb, and Bomb-Mortar-Chipper. Ninja-Farm-Bomb was formerly used often (especially when update 4.1 was first released), but became less popular after the Ninja got nerfed in future updates and players figuring out its weaknesses (camo bloons, especially Camo Leads).
Bomb-COBRA-Mortar has also seen some use, albeit not as much as the first 4 listed.
Overall, this tower has been buffed, but not significantly.
- In BTD5, Frag Bombs and Cluster Bombs can pop 2 layers of bloon or more than 3 layers by direct hit. In the mobile versions however, this no longer the case with Frag Bombs.
- In BTD Battles, bomb tower shoots on open area.
- Frag Bombs can pop black and Zebra Bloons, but cluster bombs have more popping power and can explode over a wide radius
- In BTD4, sometimes when there is a massive amount of bloons that the Bomb Tower attacks, it will show just some parts of the explosion, only the frags from the Frag Bombs premium upgrade.
- If the bomb misses, it won't explode.
- The bomb tower is more effective against Black or Zebra Bloons in BTD5, because of the variety of upgrades which allow the Bomb Tower to pop those bloons.
- The looks of the Bomb Tower has changed from Bloons TD 1 & Bloons TD 2, a long black cannon with wheels, to in Bloons TD 3 a camofluage patterned rounded tube in a fixed circle "pad" it rotates on.
- Path 1 upgrades are best for groups of non-MOAB class bloons while path 2 upgrades are best for MOAB-Class Bloons.
- The Bomb Tower has glitch in BTD5 Deluxe that allows it to pop black and zebra bloons even without the tier 3 Bombing Range.
- BTD4's frag bombs premium is the only free premium in BTD4.
- In Bloons Monkey City, the Bomb Tower is named the Bomb Shooter
- This is the only tower from BTD1 to have different prices in every sequel so far. ($900 BTD1, $585 BTD2, $740 BTD3, $700 BTD4, $650 BTD5)
- In BTD5 and BMC, the Frag Bombs, MOAB Mauler, and MOAB Assassin upgrades will affect the range, with the MOAB Mauler and MOAB Assassin slightly decreasing the range. However, the difference from these two upgrades is so minimal that it will rarely affect performance.
- This does not apply to the mobile versions of BTD5 and BMC.
- The missile launcher upgrade adds a hazard (black and yellow) warning to the base of the tower, possibly referring to the danger it presents to bloons.
- The color of the base of the missile launcher changes should the player purchase the Path 1 Tier 3 and 4 upgrades. The color changes to a green base if you purchase Cluster Bombs, and a black base with green highlights if you purchase Bloon Impact.
- According to the BMC monkey knowledge book this Bomb Shooter comes from the early 1400's because it uses roundshot (cannon balls).
- When it shoots a bomb and then explodes without the upgrade Bigger Bombs, it makes small blasts which explode as precise circles.