|“|| Update 2.0 - Featuring exclusive content!
Get ready for a brand new exclusive tower - the COBRA, also known as Covert Ops Battles Response Agent. Armed with a very particular set of skills and trusty sidearm, the COBRA can affect the course of a game in many different ways. Good luck.
|~ Ninja Kiwi's Apple App Store update description|
COBRA (Covert Ops Battles Response Agent) is a tower featured only in Bloons TD Battles Mobile and Steam versions. It was added in the update on August 18, 2014. The tower costs 5000, tallying the third most medallions to get an item in BTD Battles, only overcame by the Silver and Golden weapon skins. however it can be bought for USD $4.99 or equivalent (still more than all the other towers, for USD $3.99). Winning battles in Battle Arena is essential to be able to afford the tower, given the classic mode's rewards are only a fraction of the cost of the tower.
An incredibly easy to use tower. Its upgrades are generally focused on changing game mechanics in ways that were previously impossible. However, it must be used in combination with good grouped popping power and camo popping power as it possesses neither.
- Main article: COBRA/Strategies
Bloons TD BattlesEdit
You gain +80 extra money per round.
Every 5th neutral Bloon on your opponent's side will be randomly given camo, regen, or +1 rank (max Ceramic)
$500 (pre 4.3.1) $350 (pre 3.2)
Reduce Tower boost cooldown by 5 secs (min: 15 secs)
Another bloon tier gets to be sent 1 round earlier than normal.
Two guns double attack speed
Every 15 seconds, either: Steal 2 lives (assault mode), or gain 2 lives (defensive mode).
Reduce Bloon Boost cooldown by 5 secs (min: 15 secs.)
Ability: Moves highest Bloon in range at your opponent. Cooldown varies based on Bloon type moved. (max: BFB)
($3250 pre 4.3.1)
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
The COBRA is capable of highly influencing the outcome of a game. Ever since the COBRA was added to the game, it has almost always been nerfed in updates. Most of these nerfs are to some of its most powerful upgrades.
Popular loadouts include COBRA-Bomb-Mortar.
- The COBRA is the most expensive tower in BTD Battles, costing 5000.
- This tower is the first in Bloons TD Battles where all upgrades are unlocked with the purchase of the tower.
- This is the only tower in Bloons TD Battles that can affect an opponent's side of the track.
- The name COBRA could possibly be a reference to Solid Snake of the Metal Gear Solid video game series.
- The name COBRA could also be a reference to the german television series Alarm für Cobra 11
- Misdirection is the only ability which has varying countdown times.
- Cobra means "snake" in Portuguese.
- The COBRA and the Banana Farm are the only 2 BTDB towers that don't have an upgrade that allows it pop Lead Bloons.
- However since Banana Farms cannot pop bloons at all, COBRA is the only attacking tower that can't pop Leads.
- Normally, you would get 7 if you finish a game with 150 lives. However, if you lost some lives and used attrition to get your lives back to 150, you would not get 7. The same applies for Support Chinook.
- It is the third tower that shoots from a firearm, the first being Dartling Gun and the second being Sniper Monkey.
- This is one of the only two towers that can regain lives without using premiums, the other being the Heli Pilot.
- Sometimes, if both players have the COBRA, one of them will attempt to reduce the opponent's lives to 1 (kill their opponent before version 3.1) by having more 0/2 COBRAs than the other. This is known as an "Attrition War".
- Offensive Push only affects the bloons, and not regen or camo modifiers.
- For example, if one gets Offensive Push on level 11, the player will only get grouped blacks and spaced rainbows and not camo modifier.
- The "Finish Him!" upgrade is a reference to the phrase "Finish Him!" from Mortal Kombat.
- The COBRA's hair gets less messy as you upgrade it.