|“||A Camo bloon is coming next level. Camo bloons cannot be targeted by towers that cannot detect them. Use spikes if you need.||”|
|~ Round 24 in Bloons TD 4|
|“||You're about to attack the first area that has Camo Bloons in it. You should hold off attacking this tile until you're ready. A Centre Of Camo Countermeasures is required for most Monkey upgrades that can detect Camo Bloons.||”|
|~ Bloons Monkey City when the player is attacking a tile with Camo Bloons for the first time|
|“||Camo Bloons are very dangerous since most Towers cannot hit them. Any Bloon type can be a Camo, and so will all the Bloons that come out of that one. They can only be hit by Towers that can detect Camo Bloons, such as the Ninja Monkey. In an emergency, use Road Spikes to pop them.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 Description of Camo Bloons|
A Camo Bloon
|Debut||Bloons Tower Defense 4|
|Appearance(s)||Bloons Tower Defense 4|
Bloons Tower Defense 4 Expansion
Bloons Tower Defense 5
Bloons Tower Defense 5 Deluxe
Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile
Bloons TD Battles
Bloons Monkey City
|Parent of||Pink Bloon (BTD4 Only)|
|Child of||D.D.T. (Bloons Monkey City only, Ceramic and with Regrow Properties)|
In BTD5, Camo becomes a property of bloon along with Regrowth, meaning any bloon from a Red Bloon to a Ceramic Bloon can acquire Camo properties. MOAB-class bloons cannot be camos, nor can their children (though the D.D.T. is an exception along with bloons sent in BTDB Flash). They cannot be targeted by most towers. However, there are upgrades that can make surrounding towers and/or themselves able to see them, such as Sonar Beacon and Crow's Nest. Camo bloons first appear on round 24 in both BTD4 and BTD5.
Camo Bloons can only be detected by some monkeys, usually requiring some upgrades or a nearby tower that gives them that ability. It is necessary in both BTD4 and BTD5.
Camo Detection in Bloons TD 4Edit
If another tower targets a Bloon and a Camo Bloon gets in the way, the Camo Bloon will be popped. If a tower with piercing projectiles targets a Bloon in front of a Camo Bloon, both will be popped. Usually, all you need is one set of Road Spikes or a Pineapple to set off a chain reaction. Camo RBE: 11 (BTD4), same speed as a red.
The following towers and upgrades allow the tower and/or nearby towers to detect Camo Bloons:
|Monkey Beacon||Sonar Beacon (Upgrade #3)||Allows detection to all nearby towers. The Monkey Storm Beacon destroys all bloons including camo bloons.|
|Monkey Ace||No upgrade required||Spy Plane (Upgrade #2) allows all towers near the ace to detect Camo Bloons.|
|Monkey Buccaneer||Crow's Nest (Upgrade #2)||Allows detection to all towers within its range (including itself).|
|Monkey Apprentice||Crystal Ball (Premium Upgrade)||Crystal Ball costs 10 and also increases the Monkey Apprentice's attack range in addition to allowing Camo detection.|
|Dartling Gun||No upgrade required||Can pop camos anywhere unupgraded.|
|Spike Factory||No upgrade required||Pops any bloons (except for leads when it doesn't have the 3rd upgrade) that run over its spikes on the track.|
|Road Spikes||N/A||Pops any bloons, except for leads, that run over the spikes on the track. One pile in BTD4 will pop all of the camo, even though its RBE is 11, and spikes do 10 damage.|
|Pineapple||N/A||Pops any bloons, including Camo, that get caught in blast radius. 1 damage only.|
Camo Detection in Bloons TD 5Edit
In BTD5, Camo becomes a Bloon property: therefore their RBE can be from 1 to 104 unlike in BTD4. If a tower cannot see camo bloons, its projectiles will go straight through them without doing any damage to them. A camo bloon can also be Regrowth at the same time.
The following towers and upgrades allow the tower and/or nearby towers to detect and also target Camo Bloons:
|Dart Monkey||Enhanced Eyesight (Path 1, Upgrade 2)||Dart Monkeys will also get a bit more range with this upgrade. If it has the Triple Darts upgrade, it can pop up to 3 layers of the camo bloon.|
|Sniper Monkey||Night Vision Goggles (Path 2, Upgrade 2)||Can pop camo bloons.|
|Boomerang Thrower||Glaive Lord (Path 1, Upgrade 4)||It can pop infinite amount of bloons as long as the glaives touches it. Also allows to pop lead bloons.|
|Ninja Monkey||No upgrade needed||If timed correctly, and it has Double Shot or Bloonjitsu, the Ninja can pop up to two or five layers of the camo bloon, respectively.|
|Bomb Tower||MOAB Assassin (Path 2, Upgrade 4, Ability only)||Only works if the ability is activated when the camo bloon is the strongest bloon on screen. Even then, it only pops one layer.|
|Ice Tower||Viral Frost (Path 1, Upgrade 4); Absolute Zero (Path 2, Upgrade 4, Ability only); Tier 4 Ice Fortress (BTD5 iOS only)||Camo Bloons can be affected by the Viral Frost; Absolute Zero Ability can freeze camo bloons regardless of support for camo detection; Tier 4 Ice Fortress allows to lose the camo status.|
|Glue Gunner||Glue Striker (Path 2, Upgrade 4, Ability only)||Glue Strike Ability can glue camo bloons regardless of support for camo detection.|
|Monkey Buccaneer||Crow's Nest (Path 2, Upgrade 2); Tier 3 Pirate Cove||Lets the tower itself (only) be able to detect camo bloons; Tier 3 Pirate Cove also grants other towers in range Camo detection if upgraded to Crow's Nest.|
|Monkey Ace||Spy Plane (Path 2, Upgrade 2)||Spy Plane lets itself (only) to be able to detect camo bloons. Spectre and Neva-Miss Targeting cannot pop camo bloons without this upgrade, but their projectiles can target them.|
|Monkey Apprentice||Monkey Sense (Path 2, Upgrade 2)||Allows all attacks from the tower to be able to pop camo bloons.|
|Monkey Village||Radar Scanner (Path 2, Upgrade 2)||Allows detection to all nearby towers. High Energy Beacon cannot pop camo bloons without this upgrade.|
|Super Monkey||Temple of the Monkey God (Path 1, Upgrade 4); Tier 3 Super Monkey Lair||Allows detection to the tower, even if no tower with camo detection is sacrificed.|
|Mortar Tower||Signal Flare (Path 2, Upgrade 3)||Makes the next layer lose camo status. Cannot detect camos without this upgrade.|
|Dartling Gun||No upgrade required||Pops Camo Bloons regardless of upgrades.|
|Spike Factory||No upgrade required||Spikes from the tower will pop the camo bloons.|
|Monkey Sub||Submerge and Support (Path 1, Upgrade 3)||Bloons within the green circle that appears when submerged will lose their camo status.|
|Road Spikes||N/A||Pops bloons including camo that come over it.|
|Pineapple||N/A||Explodes bloons including camo bloons that are nearby when pineapple explodes.|
|Meerkat Spy||Special Agent, allows detection to all nearby towers within its range. Beams from the pro version can also pop camo bloons.|
|Bloonberry Bush||Special Agent, pops bloons including camo that come over it.|
|Angry Squirrel||Special Agent, detects camo bloons only when it's raging.|
|Super Monkey Storm||Special Agent, destroys all bloons on screen, and that includes Camo Bloons.|
|Bloonsday Device (ability only)||Special Agent, pops all kinds of bloons including camo bloons.|
|Monkey Engineer (BTD5 Deluxe, BTD5 iOS and Android only)||Cleansing Foam (Path 1, Upgrade 3)||Removes Camo, lead and Regen status of bloons. Cannot detect camos without this upgrade.|
|Heli Pilot (BTD5 iOS and Android only)||Enhanced IFR Instruments (Path 2, Upgrade 2)||Can pop camo bloons.|
- The Monkey Sub can pop camo bloons with the ability advanced intel, but only if there is another tower on the screen with the ability to pop camo bloons.
- 11 hits are needed to pop the entire Camo Bloon in BTD4, yet one bunch of Road Spikes (10 spikes) can pop it.
- Letting a Camo leak in BTD4 makes you lose 9 lives instead of 11, meaning letting the Camo's children out is actually more dangerous than letting the Camo out itself.
- In BTD5, Camo Bloons can be very dangerous, especially on Round 78, which contains a dense amount of Camo Ceramic Bloons.
- Only two things in Bloons TD 5 can make camo bloons lose their camo status: the Mortar Tower with the Signal Flare, best used at the beginning of a track, and the submerged Monkey Sub with Submerge and Support. In Bloons Tower Defense 5 Deluxe, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile and Bloons Monkey City, however, you can also use the Monkey Engineer's Cleansing Foam (or, in BTD5 Mobile, the Tier 4 Ice Fortress).
- The first Camo Bloon appears in Round 24 in both installments where such a bloon appears. In BTD5, the Bloon is Green.
- Covert Pops, a Special Mission in BTD5, gives all bloons Camo Properties. Those who are normally Camo acquire Regrowth properties instead.
- Blade Maelstrom, Technological Terror and Activate Sea Monster! abilities cannot hit Camos even if the towers themselves can detect them.
- In BTD4, it is possible for towers to "accidentally" pop a camo bloon without camo-detection. This is no longer the case in BTD5.
- Dartling Gun, Ninja Monkey and Spike Factory are the only towers (not agents) capable of detecting camo bloons without an upgrade.
- In BTD4, upgrades of towers that help their own Camo-detection can also make other towers around those radii to be granted ability to see Camo Bloons, but this is no longer the case with any tower except Monkey Village in BTD5 and Bloons Monkey City.