|“||Ceramic Bloons are made of clay, and take 10 hits to destroy. They have 2 Rainbow Bloons inside them.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 5|
A Ceramic Bloon
|Debut||Bloons Tower Defense 3|
|Appearance(s)||Bloons Tower Defense 3|
Bloons Tower Defense 4
Bloons Tower Defense 5
Bloons TD 4 Expansion
Bloons TD (iPhone/iPod Touch)
Bloons Tower Defense 4 (Mobile)
Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile
Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile
Bloons Super Monkey
46 (BTD5 Freeplay)
|Parent of||2 Rainbow Bloons|
|Child of||M.O.A.B. (which spawns 4 Ceramics)
D.D.T. (which spawn 6 Camo Regen Ceramics)
|Characteristics||Takes more than 1 hit to break
Immune to slowing by glue
Immune to the magic path Bloons Super Monkey 2
The Ceramic Bloon is a Bloon introduced in Bloons TD 3 under the name "Brown Bloon" that takes ten hits to pop. Once popped, it releases two Rainbow Bloons. In Bloons TD 3 it first appears in round 31. In Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5 it first appears in round 40. If a Ceramic Bloon escapes 104 lives are lost, which means an instant game over on Hard, and a two hit on Easy and Medium. Ceramic Bloons contain 2 Rainbow Bloons.
Being considerably easier to pop than its parent, grandparent, and great-grandparent, Ceramic Bloons are a serious threat in numbers that shouldn't be unfocused. If the player has a large amount of potent towers, then Ceramic Bloons and its descendants aren't really a threat. However, popping many Ceramic Bloons without many strong towers or weaker towers is difficult. They can be a minor cause of lag to your computer. Glue can't slow them down, however Corrosive Glue can harm them and can crack the layers. There are many levels in which Ceramic Bloons come in big groups, which can be extremely deadly without strong towers.
- Main article: Ceramic Bloon/Strategies
- Glue slows down Ceramic Bloons in Bloons TD 3 but not in Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5.
- It also slows Ceramic Bloons in Bloons TD 5 Mobile.
- It is one of the few bloons to have its own specialised sound when hit/popped.
- Ceramic Bloons are the only non-M.O.A.B Class Bloon that take more than one hit to pop the first layer.
- The first and only Camo Ceramics appear on Round 78.
- They are the third fastest Bloons in Bloons TD 5, following the Pink and Yellow Bloons.
- In Bloons Super Monkey, it has sixteen layers instead of ten.
- In Bloons TD 3, Ceramic Bloons were simply called Brown Bloons. The name "Ceramic Bloon" came from a preround message saying that they were made of ceramic.
- In Bloons TD 3, crushed Ceramic Bloons would show no Rainbow Bloons under it. This was changed in later versions.
- Oddly, in BTD3 it was immune to freezing.
- When the ceramic layer of a Shielded Ceramic Bloon is popped on Bloons Super Monkey 2, its child doesn't appear to have the lightning symbol on it, unlike every other Shielded Bloon.
- Rounds 63, 76, and 78 have lots of grouped Ceramic Bloons that can be very difficult to destroy.
- When in the process of destroying a Ceramic Bloon, only one Rainbow Bloon can be seen in the inside, despite the fact that two Rainbow Bloons come out of it.