|“||Ceramic Bloons are made of clay, and take 10 hits to destroy. They have 2 Rainbow Bloons inside them.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 5|
A Ceramic Bloon
|Debut||Bloons Tower Defense 3|
|Appearance(s)||Bloons Tower Defense 3|
Bloons Tower Defense 4
Bloons Tower Defense 5
Bloons TD 4 Expansion
Bloons TD (iPhone/iPod Touch)
Bloons Tower Defense 4 (Mobile)
Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile
Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile
Bloons TD Battles
Bloons TD Battles Mobile
Bloons Super Monkey
46 (BTD5 Freeplay)
|Parent of||2 Rainbow Bloons|
|Child of||M.O.A.B. (which spawns 4 Ceramics)|
D.D.T. (which spawn 6 Camo Regen Ceramics)
Bloonarius the Inflator (spawnable when reaches skulls)
|Characteristics||Takes more than 1 hit to break
Immune to slowing by glue
Immune to the magic path Bloons Super Monkey 2
The Ceramic Bloon is a Bloon introduced in Bloons TD 3 under the name "Brown Bloon" that takes ten hits to pop. Once popped, it releases two Rainbow Bloons. In Bloons TD 3 it first appears in round 31. In Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5 it first appears in round 40. If a Ceramic Bloon escapes 104 lives are lost, which means an instant game over on Hard, and a two hit on Easy and Medium. Ceramic Bloons contain 2 Rainbow Bloons.
Despite being considerably easier to pop than its parent, grandparent, and great-grandparent, Ceramic Bloons are a serious threat in numbers that shouldn't be ignored. If the player has a large amount of potent towers, then Ceramic Bloons and their descendants aren't really a threat. However, popping many Ceramic Bloons without strong towers or many weaker towers is difficult. They can be a minor cause of lag to your computer or device. Glue can't slow them down, however Corrosive Glue can harm them and can crack the layers. There are many rounds in which Ceramic Bloons come in big groups (like 55, 63, 76, and 78), which can be extremely deadly without strong towers. If they come early, it can usually mean game over unless you manage to get strong towers.
- Main article: Ceramic Bloon/Strategies
- It is the BTD counterpart of Ceramic blocks.
- Glue slows down Ceramic Bloons in Bloons TD 3 but not in Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5.
- It also slows Ceramic Bloons in Bloons TD 5 Mobile.
- It is one of the few bloons to have its own specialised sound when hit/popped.
- Ceramic Bloons are the only non-M.O.A.B Class Bloon that take more than one hit to pop the first layer.
- The first and only Camo Ceramics appear on Round 78.
- They are the third fastest Bloons in Bloons TD 5, following the Pink and Yellow Bloons.
- However, in Bloons Monkey City, they are the fourth fastest, as the DDT bloon was added.
- In Bloons Super Monkey, it has sixteen layers instead of ten.
- Also, when you trying to crack up the ceramic layer, it sounds differently than BTD3 and BTD4 ones. However, this does not happen in Bloons Super Monkey 2.
- In Bloons TD 3, Ceramic Bloons were simply called Brown Bloons. The name "Ceramic Bloon" came from a preround message saying that they were made of ceramic.
- In Bloons TD 3, crushed Ceramic Bloons would show no Rainbow Bloons under it. This was changed in later versions.
- Oddly, in BTD3 it was immune to freezing.
- When the ceramic layer of a Shielded Ceramic Bloon is popped on Bloons Super Monkey 2, its child doesn't appear to have the lightning symbol on it, unlike every other Shielded Bloon.
- Rounds 63, 76, and 78 have lots of grouped Ceramic Bloons that can be very difficult to destroy.
- Round 76 solely features regenerating ceramic bloons.
- When in the process of destroying a Ceramic Bloon, only one Rainbow Bloon can be seen in the inside, despite the fact that two Rainbow Bloons come out of it.
- When hit, they make a sound similar to that of a dart hitting a pot.
- It takes 2 hits from a juggernaut to remove the ceramic layer down to the 2 rainbow bloons inside.
- The Ceramic Bloons, along with other Cluster Bloons, appear to release 1 Bloon instead of 2 after the player gets past Round 85 in BTD5, Round 50 in BTD5 Mobile and Round 30 in Bloons Monkey City(Contested Territory only). Also, they appear to be thicker after he/she gets past the rounds listed above, which means the ceramic layer has increased health.
- In BTD 5, Ceramics yield a pop count of 95, especially when having a Sniper Monkey with a Deadly Precision , who can annihilate ceramics.
- In BTD3, it takes 3 hits to remove the ceramic; in BTD4 it has 7 layers; but in BTD5, it has 10 layers.
- Ceramic Bloons do not slow down by glue, however, they can still be slowed by Permafrost. Thus they are only immune to slowing by glue. However this does apply in BTD5 mobile.
- In Bloons Monkey City, at level 19, there can be Ceramic Bloon Tiles that are rated Easy and Very Hard at the same city.
- In Bloons Monkey City, there are a lot of strong rushes of Ceramic Bloons.