|| The Bloons are attempting to overrun your position with brute force. Start with a handful of towers, you are limited to only Mortar, Dartling, Sniper and Spike Factories.
|| ~ Description
Direct Assault is a new Special Mission in Bloons Tower Defense 5 Deluxe. It has its own unique track. You start off with 3 Dartling Guns, 2 Mortar Towers, 4 Sniper Monkeys, and 2 Spike Factories (All of them are already placed on the track). The Bloons come from the 10 different paths on the right and go towards the left in a straight line. Your towers (on the left) have to make sure no bloons come and pass the barbed wire (which causes you to lose a life). You can only buy Mortar Towers, Sniper Monkeys, Dartling Guns, and Spike Factories. Pass 25 custom rounds to win 4000.
- It is advised to mainly use Dartling Guns as they will pop many bloons.
- Main article: Direct Assault/Strategies
- Many players will need a Super Monkey Storm for round 23 as the level is extremely hard.
- It is possibly the hardest Special Mission in the BTD5 series due to the high Monkey Money reward and round 23.
- The picture shows 2 Dartling Guns and 1 Sniper Monkey, but in the mission, there is 1 Dartling Gun and 2 Sniper Monkeys.
- Rounds 8 and 10 have the same bloons spawning; the same also applies to Rounds 16 and 19.
- The mission may be a reference to D-Day, with the steel hedgehogs and the beach assault.