Down the Drain is an Expert track in BTD5. It was released on 19 March 2014, same as Lobby, a Beginner track. (Unlocked at Rank 45)
An earthy track composed of 4 pipes connected to a pool of water. These pipes are the bloons' paths. This could be a very hard track since it is composed of 4 paths (entrances and exits). At first, bloons inside the well went out of it, merging into 4 paths, then turn around the pipes the same time as they exit the same time, too. You can build Buccaneers and Subs on that well.
- Main article: Down The Drain/Strategies
|Down The Drain Bronze||10|
|Down The Drain Silver||25|
|Down The Drain Gold||50|
- This is the only track to have 4 paths that bloons appear together, with 4 entrances and exits. Others being Country Road and The Eye, but one-by-one path appearance of bloons.
- This could be arguably the hardest track in Expert Difficulty, possibly even the hardest track in the whole BTD series. Other candidates would be Monkeys vs Bloons, Triangle of Insanity, and Bloontonium Lab, Crypt Keeper (With Reverse Mode turned off) and Tar Pits.
- This is the 3rd Expert track to contain water for water towers. The first one is Castle & the second is Double Double Cross.
- Despite the fact that it has 4 very short paths, it is rated expert and not extreme due to the fact the track isn't short enough to be Extreme.
- This is most likely due to the insane difficulty of the track, and Ninja Kiwi wants to give chances to the players, so they don't have to endlessly waste Monkey Money, they can save, and they can test out strategies in Sandbox Mode.
- However, due to the differing costs in Monkey Money to play Main Street and Bloontonium Lab or Tar Pits, it would be, in theory, possible to rate it extreme and make it cost nothing or anything lower than 25 to be merciful to a player.
- Like Mount Magma (Track), bloons appear in the middle of the track.