|“||Sprays out a blast of 4 sharp grapes for additional poppage.||”|
|~ BMC description|
Grape Shot is an upgrade for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD4 and BTD5. Grape Shot adds a volley of deadly sharpened grapes to the attack. The grapes, once fired, have the same capabilities as the darts from an 0/1 Dart Monkey as they can pop 2 bloons each.
Bloons Tower Defense 4Edit
Bloons Tower Defense 5Edit
In BTD5, this upgrade is the 1st upgrade of path 2 for the Monkey Buccaneer. It costs $425 on Easy, $500 on Medium, $540 on Hard, and $600 on Impoppable.
Version History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Grape Shot is a powerful upgrade for the early-game, particularly against Grouped Reds. Placing multiple 0/1 Buccaneers are very effective against Grouped Bloons up to Round 10. Placing a single 1/1 Buccaneer can solo against Spaced Pinks if placed effectively, while placing multiple 1/1 Buccaneers are effective against early spaced rushes. However, the Version 4.3 buff to the base cost of the Buccaneer made Grape Shot a little too easy to afford, so it was nerfed to the "normal" price of $1000 for a 0/1 Buccaneer ($450 for base tower and $550 for Grape Shot).
- In BTD5, the grapes are purple, where as in BTD4 the grapes are green. This is purely an aesthetic change.
- This upgrade works very well when the bloons are close to the Monkey Buccaneer.
- The target "close" is therefore effective for Grape Shot Buccaneers.
- This upgrade is better than buying 4 separate Dart Monkeys as Grape Shot is cheaper.
- However, the grapes do not independently target bloons as Dart Monkeys would.
- In BTD4, the grapes have eyes but the grapes in BTD5 don't.
- In a 2013 update, all grapes now pop 2 bloons each instead of 1. This is why the Grape Shot price had risen from $300 to the current $500 cost today.
- In BTD4, when purchasing the Grape Shot, the Monkey Buccaneer gets 2 more cannons. However, in BTD5, there are no added cannons to the Monkey Buccaneer, instead having a pile of grapes in front of the monkey.
- This upgrade helps the Monkey Buccaneer immensely when bloons are spaced out, as the darts have a tendency to miss some bloons.
- The grapes in BTD4 more resemble olives than grapes.