- "Ground Zero Ability: drops a single devastating bomb that destroys all bloons on screen except MOAB-Class Bloons."
- — Bloons TD 5 Upgrade description
The only real differences between the Ground Zero Ability and the Super Monkey Storm is that Ground Zero costs a large amount of in-game money and is reusable like other Special Abilities, without having to pay 50 Monkey Money to use it. Although this ability can still deal a significant amount to ZOMGs, it is still advised to pop the ZOMG first before using this ability if possible. The bomb is made of Bloontonium because of the radioactive sign. It is therefore made in the Bloontonium Lab.
- A recent update now allows all Ground Zero Ablities to instantly destroy M.O.A.B.s and B.F.B.s. Z.O.M.G.s take 27 Ground Zeros to destroy, the 28th Ground Zero will destroy the BFB's that result. Now it is arguably better than Bloon Annihilation Ability. However, the Bloon Annihilation Ability does more damage to Z.O.M.G.s since it takes only 4 of them to destroy a Z.O.M.G.(5 if counting the B.F.B.s). Also, the Technological Terror does far more damage per second against M.O.A.B.s then the Operation: Dart Storm.
- However, as of April 2, 2013 the Ground Zero no longer destroys MOABs and BFBs in one shot, but instead it only deals 500 damage, nerfing it.
- It is very useful to have 2 of these for the" pass 10 epic rounds with lots of cash" challenge because you can set your Super Monkeys to strong so that thay take out the Z.O.M.G. layer of any Z.O.M.G.s before you use Ground Zero
- The Monkey Ace doesn't get any pops from using this ability.
- A common abbreviation for Ground Zero is G0.
- Just 2 of these can beat the MOAB Madness challenge, 1 with Hotter Cooldown.