High Energy Beacon was released on Mar 22, 2012, being the current final upgrade for the path 1 upgrades for Monkey Village, replacing Energy Beacon. It costs $10,200 on Easy, $12,000 on Medium and $12,960 on Hard. All towers within its range with Special Abillities have their cooldowns reduced by 20% and the village itself gets a powerful energy beam attack. This beam doesn't stop and the locked Bloon loses all its layers very quickly. This upgrade also increases the range of the Monkey Village.
- Whenever this tower loses it's target for a bloon, it will zap the left side of the screen.
- One of these can destroy a M.O.A.B. without help on The Rink. Three can destroy a B.F.B., and eight can destroy a Z.O.M.G..
- The laser generator appears to be inside a robotic eye that will even look around and blink.
- In the iOS version, the eye appears to be hyper-realistic and the beam is also purple.
- Also, the upgrade name was shortened to Energy Beacon due to the size of the upgrade button.
- The High Energy Beacon pops 6 layers per frame.
- Combined with Bigger Beacons and Radar Scanner, High Energy Beacon can earn lots of money due to the combination of its enormous coverage and the Monkey Town upgrade.