Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||All towers with 'Abilities' have their cooldowns reduced by 20% and adds a powerful energy beam attack.||”|
|~ BMC description|
High Energy Beacon was released on Mar 22, 2012, being the current final upgrade for the path 1 upgrades for Monkey Village, replacing Energy Beacon. It costs $10,200 on Easy, $12,000 on Medium, $12,960 on Hard and $14400 on Impoppable. All towers within its range with Special Abillities have their cooldowns reduced by 20% (50% on BTD5 iOS) and the village itself gets a powerful energy beam attack. This beam doesn't stop and the locked Bloon loses all its layers very quickly. This upgrade also increases the range of the Monkey Village.
- Whenever this tower loses it's target for a bloon, it will zap the left side of the screen.
- One of these can destroy a M.O.A.B. without help on The Rink. Three can destroy a B.F.B., and eight can destroy a Z.O.M.G.
- The laser generator appears to be inside a robotic eye that will even look around and blink.
- Possibly a reference to the Eye of Sauron, which is a giant eye on top of high tower in the middle of a large fortress from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Homage to HAL 9000 from the Space Odyssey.
- In the Mobile version, the eye appears to be hyper-realistic and the beam is also purple.
- Also, the upgrade name was shortened to Energy Beacon due to the size of the upgrade button.
- The High Energy Beacon pops 6 layers per frame.
- Combined with Bigger Beacons and Radar Scanner, High Energy Beacon can earn lots of money due to the combination of its enormous coverage and the Monkey Town upgrade.
- After extensive testing, it has been shown that the high energy beacon reduces tower ability cooldowns by 50% on bloons TD5 iOS, despite what the description says (as of 1/19/14).
- Because of this, a fully upgraded Hotter Cooldown (20% on mobile instead of 30%) allows a total cooldown of 70%. (85% counting the Bloontonium Reactor)
- The beam can't pop Camo Bloons without the Radar Scanner upgrade, and even if bought, it won't allow other High Energy Beacons to target camo bloons.
- High Energy Beacon is also not affected by Meerkat Spy.
- In mobile, when upgrade to this, the towers cooldown will become the duration remaining of the cooldown and make the cooldown faster.