The Ice Fortress is a Specialty Building for the Ice Tower It costs 750 to purchase and increases cost of Glue Gunners by 5%. It was added in an update to Bloons TD 5 on 21st June, 2012.
- Initial cost is 750
- Second upgrade costs 750
- Third upgrade costs 1000
- (Bloons TD 5 Mobile only) Fourth upgrade costs 1250. It allows the Ice Tower to freeze camo bloons. Any bloon frozen will lose its camo status.
- Using the third upgrade is the only way to get an unupgraded Ice Tower to freeze zebra/white bloons. Otherwise, you would have to get Absolute Zero to freeze white bloons and zebra bloons.
- Upgrade 3 allows a 3-1 Ice Tower to solo rounds with Ceramic rushes, like 63 and 76.
- Using the fourth upgrade is the only way to make Ice Towers freeze camo bloons without the use of Absolute Zero.
- When you look very carefully, you can see a frozen old monkey on the left of the entrance. There is also a creature that looks like the Yeti peeking out from the right side.
- In BTD5 Flash, Tier 3 Ice Fortress also allows Ice Towers to attack MOAB-Class Bloons, but not freeze them. The player could fill The Rink with Snap Freeze Ice Towers and destroy multiple BFBs.
- In Mobile, this is not the case because all Ice Towers with Snap Freeze can attack MOAB-class regardless of Specialty Buildings.