|“||Hurls a giant unstoppable killer spiked ball that can pop lead bloons and excels at crushing ceramic bloons.||”|
|~ BTD5 Description|
Juggernaut is the final upgrade on path 1 for the Dart Monkey in Bloons TD 5 and it is unlocked at Rank 19. It shoots a big ball that can pop frozen and Lead Bloons, pop up to 104 Bloons per shot, and does 5 damage to Ceramic Bloons. In Bloons TD 3, it was an upgrade for the stand-alone tower Spike-O-Pult that allows it to fire further. It costs $1275 on Easy, $1500 on Medium, $1620 on Hard, and $1800 on Impoppable.
The upgrade is unlocked at Rank 19 for Bloons TD 5. In BMC, it has to be researched through the Monkey Academy, and also requires the Special Building Oversize Projectile Workshop (Flash) or the Giant Projectile Workshop (Mobile) to be built.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
- Initial Release
- The projectile fired by the Juggernaut upgrade is even bigger than a Dart Monkey in Bloons TD 5.
- The Juggernaut has both camo and lead detection, making it a good choice for round 59.
- In older versions of Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile, the ball could only pop one Lead Bloon, due to the shortened description of the upgrade.
- The Juggernaut shoots faster compared to the Spike-O-Pult, but not as fast as the original Dart Monkey (Juggernauts fire once every 42 frames, or 0.71 shots per second compared to once every 28 frames, or 1.07 shots per second for the normal Dart Monkey and once every 47 frames (0.63 shots per second) for the Spike-O-Pult.)
- The artwork of the Juggernaut shows the monkey sitting on top of the spiked ball.
- With the Splodey Darts upgrade in Bloons TD 5, it can have exploding spiked balls, but only if they reach the popping limit.
- Juggernaut is best placed at the end of a long, straight road and a target priority of last or close to make best use of its long range and high bloon popping capability.
- In Bloons TD 5, the Juggernaut upgrade gives the Spike-O-Pult extra range.
- This is the only Dart Monkey upgrade that normally can pop Lead Bloons in Bloons TD 5.
- It is also good at popping Camo Leads.
- If you place a 2-0 Dart Monkey near a Dart Monkey with Super Monkey Fan Club upgrade, then use the ability, wait for the 2-0 Dart Monkey to transform into a Super Monkey. Then, upgrade it to Juggernaut and it change into a Juggernaut Dart Monkey that shoots as fast as a Super Monkey for the duration of the Super Monkey Fan Club ability, making the Juggernaut a Self-aiming (slower) Ray of Doom. It also works with Spike-O-Pults. This will only work once on flash versions.
- Any of the upgrade combinations no higher than tier 2 will work, but 2-0 is fastest, especially if you're getting multiple "hyper-Juggernauts" in one ability use.
- Juggernaut is the cheapest final upgrade, costing $1500, the 2nd cheapest being the Absolute Zero ability for Ice Tower costing $2000.
- When a Temple Of The Monkey God sacrifices a Juggernaut, it will not shoot blades like mostly 4th upgrade towers, it will shoot darts like unupgraded towers, (with the exception of Monkey Apprentices, Super Monkeys, Mortar Towers, Bomb Towers, Glue Gunners and Ice Towers). However if a Super Monkey Fan Club is sacrificed, it will shoot blades.
- The Juggernaut has the range of a Super Monkey with Super Range.
- The Juggernaut has a pretty big size, yet the original tower's footprint is unchanged, allowing other towers to apparently be placed on top of it
- In the mobile versions of BTD the Juggernaut has a bug that registers double the actual pop count, meaning that a pop limit of 100 (104 if 4-2) registers as 200-208.