|“||Converts to a cannon that shoots super powerful beams able to cause massive bloon damage.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 4 Description|
|“||Converts the gun into a powerful laser cannon. Blasts from this tower can pop 13 bloons at once, can pop frozen bloons, and have increased attack rate.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 Description|
Laser Cannon is the final upgrade for the Dartling Gun in Bloons TD 4 and the third upgrade for the first path for the Dartling Gun in Bloons TD 5. In BTD4, this upgrade is unlocked at rank 33. The upgrade gives the monkey a red jumpsuit and increases its attack speed by 15%. Each beam can pop 13 bloons. Beams from this tower can also pop frozen bloons.
In terms of firepower, two of these are roughly equal to a Sun God in Bloons TD 4. The advantage comes with unlimited range; Laser Cannon's firepower can be pinpointed anywhere in the map. It is also cheaper than a Sun God and fires nearly as fast.
In Bloons TD 5, this upgrade is much stronger than its predecessor upgrade, Faster Barrel Spin, being able to pop up to 13 bloons, including bloons that have been frozen, even though it still cannot pop lead bloons without Depleted Bloontonium. Compared to its oppositely pathed upgrade, Hydra Rocket Pods, it is suited best shooting along the path, in order to utilise the 13 popping power. This can be able to pop Zebras and Rainbow rushes easily and can take down Ceramics if paired with other towers.
It is also recommended to use this at regular speed to take advantage of its accurate mouse following.
- Bloons TD 4: $12750 (Easy), $15000 (Medium), $16200 (Hard)
- Bloons TD 5: $5100 (Easy), $6000 (Medium), $6480 (Hard), $7200 (Impoppable)
- Just like the Super Monkey's Laser Blasts upgrade, Laser Cannon in Bloons TD 5 cannot pop Lead Bloons alone without the upgrade Depleted Bloontonium Darts.
- The Laser Cannon wears the same clothes as the Glue Splatter Glue Gunner in Bloons TD 5.
- The Laser Cannon fires 50% faster than its mirror build option, Hydra Rocket Pods.