- "MOAB class bloons like MOABs, BFBs, and even larger bloons require hundreds of hits to pop. Luckily for you, they tend to move quite slowly. If any of those get through it's game over."
- — Round 46 in Bloons Tower Defense 5
- "This is the true final level. You know it will be all MOABs and BFBs, right?"
- — Before round 75 in Bloons Tower Defense 4
In the Bloons Tower Defense Series there are two classes of Bloons: the ordinary Bloons and the MOAB-Class Bloons. A MOAB-Class Bloon can either refer to the Mini MOAB, M.O.A.B., B.F.B., or Z.O.M.G.. These are bloons with very high RBE and thus is hard to pop without a good defense.
The only way to survive letting an MOAB-Class Bloon through a level is either to generate sufficient lives with the Banana Farm and the Healthy Bananas premium upgrade in Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5, or to buy extra lives a few times. So if enough lives are saved up, letting an MOAB-Class Bloon through can turn out to be non-fatal. You can estimate how much health MOAB-Class Bloons have by looking at its punctures. However, letting the Z.O.M.G. through a level is virtually impossible. Look below for the information.
All MOAB-Class Bloons have the following in common:
- Very high RBEs, high enough to end the game if it leaks even if no lives were lost before.
- Immune to Monkey Glue, Freezing, Whirlwinds and Tempest Tornadoes.
- Do not have Regrowth or Camo variants.
- Do not contain any Regrowth or Camo bloons, and cannot be camo or regrowth themselves.
- Outer layer takes many hits to pop.
- Always release 4 bloons when popped.
Differently from the other MOAB-Class bloons, the Mini MOAB only appears in Bloons Super Monkey 2. The Mini MOAB has a RBE of 150, and after 100 hits, it explodes in a lot of Red Bloons and Yellow Bloons. It is a tiny grey blimp, smaller than the MOAB, with no eyes.
The Massive Ornary Air Blimp was the first M.O.A.B. Class Bloon introduced in Bloons Tower Defense 3. The M.O.A.B., having a RBE of 616 (589 in BTD3, and 613 in BTD4), can be easily be spotted by its blue and white color and large size compared to most Bloons. Popping M.O.A.Bs is a feat as it takes 200 hits, and "rewards" the player with 4 Ceramic Bloons. Although M.O.A.Bs are the second-weakest of them all, they are rather troublesome to pop and can cause you to lose the game instantly if they manage to penetrate your defense.Bloons Tower Defense 4. B.F.Bs can be identified by their red and white color and huge size and it's anti monkeys logo. Having a huge RBE of 3164 (2884 in BTD4), the B.F.B. and its descendants can easily push through unprepared defenses. After 700 hits, B.F.Bs release 4 M.O.A.Bs. B.F.Bs take an even greater amount of force to pop compared to M.O.A.Bs. Bloons Tower Defense 5. Z.O.M.Gs are humongous, sluggish, and extremely resistant Bloons that have a whopping RBE of 16,656, taking about 4000 hits before releasing 4 B.F.Bs! This makes it virtually impossible to be let through a level without losing. Many special abilities don't do as much damage to the Z.O.M.G. than to other bloons (e.g. Bloon Annihilation Ability, Ground Zero, and MOAB Assassin only do 1000 damage instead of instant death/poppage respectively, immunity to MOAB Takedown Ability, etc.) Z.O.M.Gs are no doubt, the easiest Bloon to tell apart from others because of its ridiculously large size, black and green color scheme, and its skull symbol. Being able to pop multiple of these with ease definitely ensures an excellent defense. They are hardly immobilized by the Cripple MOAB upgrade for the sniper monkey since they stop half a second.
- Blade Maelstrom: blades can go towards MOAB-class bloons and get damaged.
- Sabotage Supply Lines: M.O.A.B.-class bloons are affected by this. They will move at half the speed.
- MOAB Assassin: M.O.A.B.s and B.F.B.s will be instantly destroyed, although Z.O.M.G.s will only take 1000 damage.
- Absolute Zero: M.O.A.B.-class bloons cannot be frozen (unless in the iOS version).
- Glue Strike: M.O.A.B.-class bloons cannot be glued.
- M.O.A.B. Takedown: M.O.A.B.s and B.F.B.s can be pulled towards the ship, but Z.O.M.G.s are immune to this.
- Ground Zero: M.O.A.B.s are destroyed instantly by the bomb but B.F.B.s only take 500 damage and Z.O.M.G.s are very resistant to this.
- Bloon Annihilation Ability: M.O.A.B.s and B.F.B.s are destroyed instantly but Z.O.M.G.s only take 1000 damage.
- Pop and Awe Ability: MOAB-class bloons are still affected, but not damaged. MOAB take 5 seconds, BFBs 2.5 seconds and ZOMGs only 0.5 seconds.
- Rocket Storm: missiles can go towards MOAB-class bloons and get damaged.
- Spike Storm: spikes can go on the positions of the MOAB-class bloons and get damaged, 4 damage for each spike.
- Supa-Vac: MOAB-class bloons cannot be suck.
- Swarm Ability: MOAB-class bloons cannot be caught on the bees.
- Hoards of M.O.A.B.-class bloons may cause great amounts of lag and freezing during games, especially with road spikes.
- Apparently, some sort of propulsion system is used to enable these huge Bloons to move, as shown by the rotors near the back of a M.O.A.B.-Class Bloon. These rotors can be temporarily taken out to disable movement of these Bloons, as shown by the Sniper Monkey's Cripple M.O.A.B. and Ninja Monkey's Sabotage Supply Lines ability.
- M.O.A.Bs have no turbines unlike the B.F.B. and Z.O.M.G..
- M.O.A.B.-class bloons gain health as Freeplay rounds progress, so by round 220, you could have a B.F.B. that is harder to pop than a Round 85 Z.O.M.G..
- In Bloons TD 4, the pre round comment for Round 75 states: "This is the true final level. You know it will be all M.O.A.B.s and B.F.B.s, right?". However, there are Lead Bloons and Red Bloons in the level, making the comment false.
- In Bloons Super Monkey 2, M.O.A.B. Class Bloons spawns different types of bloons when hit. However, this only happens to them when they act their role as bosses and does not spawn bloons if hit during their common enemy role.