|“||Special missiles cause 10x damage to MOABS and BFBs||”|
|~ BTD4 Description|
|“||M.O.A.B maulers are special missiles that wreak havoc on M.O.A.B-class bloons, inflicting 10x damage.||”|
|~ BTD5 Description|
MOAB Mauler in BTD5
|Game||BTD4, BTD5, BTD Battles, Bloons Monkey City|
|Cost|| $765 (Easy)|
M.O.A.B. Maulers are missiles that appear in BTD4, Bloons Super Monkey, Bloons TD 4 Expansion, and BTD5 as an upgrade to the Bomb Tower. They are capable of doing 10x damage to MOAB-class bloons, which is where they got their name. It costs $765 on Easy, $900 on Medium, $970 on Hard and $1080 on Impoppable.
They also seen to be more essential in BTD4 than in BTD5 as it is one of the very few methods in attacking MOABs efficiently, while in BTD5, there are plenty of other upgrades that are equal to or better than the power of the MOAB Mauler.
They are not as useful against regular bloons when compared to the other path, which is why it may be helpful to have some towers near them as support to have more pop efficiency. However, with the frag bombs upgrades, it'll be able to pop blacks and zebras with ease. A group of them is also more effective than a single Sun God, Robo Monkey, Technological Terror or Ray of Doom when it comes to popping MOAB-Class Bloons & a large enough group of them (a very large group to be exact) can outclass even a maxed Temple of the Monkey God in the same department. Part of this is because they are extremely cost effective, only costing around $3400 to get a Bomb Tower to 2/3, whilst providing blistering firepower against MOAB-class bloons whilst being able to hit all bloon types bar camo bloons (courtesy of Frag Bombs popping the black and zebra bloons). MOAB Maulers should be combined with Frag Bombs, as Frag Bombs also help in destroying MOAB Class Bloons.
- Main article: M.O.A.B. Mauler/Strategies
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
- It takes eighteen missiles from the Mauler to destroy a M.O.A.B., and sixty-four hits to destroy a B.F.B.. It takes 54 missiles with Frag Bombs to destroy a B.F.B.
- This upgrade gives the tower a bigger explosion and a faster fire rate (+10%).
- The icon for the M.O.A.B Mauler upgrade in BTD5 strongly resembles a Bullet Bill from the Super Mario games.
- While this upgrade path is better against MOAB-class bloons, the other path is better against non-MOAB-class bloons.
- Thus, when using Bomb Towers, it is a good idea to have some 3/x or 4/x Bomb Towers to clean up.
- The M.O.A.B Mauler has a slightly larger range than the MOAB Assassin.
- In SAS: Zombie Assault 4, NK added a reference to the MOAB Mauler in the Teknoboom Flugkörper, a rocket turret that cannot be purchased and must be found in drop crates.
- In BTD5, This upgrade and M.O.A.B assassin changed its popping power back to 50.
- The M.O.A.B. Mauler can be seen in the main menu of BTD Battles.