MOAB-SHREDR Spikes is the third upgrade for the Path 2 Spike Factory in BTD5. It costs $2550 on Easy, $3000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard and $3600 on Impoppable. It makes the spikes produced by the Spike Factory sharper and more dangerous to MOAB class bloons.
It takes 10 stacks to pop a MOAB (5 with Bigger Stacks), so each spike does 4 damage to blimps. With Spike Storm, this weapon can be extremely strong. However, do not rely on these for taking out MOABs because once the MOAB is popped, the child Ceramics will usually plow through the remaining spikes and make you lose.
In general, Spiked Balls and Spiked Mines are more useful in the early levels, but when MOABs start to show up, these are a must have, due to their final ability being the equivalent of 4 MOAB Maulers. This path is for MOAB-Class Bloons while the other path is for non-MOAB class bloons, meaning that it is best to alternate between Spiked Mines and MOAB-SHREDRs. MOAB-SHREDRs also produce 1.5x as much spikes as a normal Spike Factory with the Faster Production upgrade.
- When you buy this upgrade, the production of spikes doubles.
- SHREDR is a acronym for Super-Hard-Rending-Engine-Driven-Razor.
- The word SHREDR is played on the word 'shredder'. The 'de' between D and R is missing.
- In Bloons Monkey City, an Anti-MOAB Research Lab is required before researching this upgrade.
- In BTD5 Mobile, there is bug that pile of spikes produced by MOAB-SHREDR Spikes can pop only one layer before disappearing.