MOAB Takedown Ability is the Special Ability for the Monkey Buccaneer. It takes hold of the strongest MOAB-Class Bloon on the screen with a grappling hook and destroys it completely (including its children). ZOMGs are immune to this. If there are no MOAB-Class Bloons on the track, then it will bring down the strongest Bloon on the track as well as all of its children. The player is rewarded $300 for destroying MOABs in this manner, $600 for BFBs, and $1200 for other non MOAB-class bloons.
- The Monkey Buccaneer will not attack until its destruction animation finishes.
- In Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile, there is a bug in which when this ability was used on a B.F.B., it would still be there, thus making the Round unable to be finished. This has been fixed.
- This ability is a surefire way to instantly defeat M.O.A.B.s and B.F.Bs.
- This is one of the Special Abilities that can defeat a B.F.B and it's children with only one attack, the other one being Bloon Annihilation Ability, and Ground Zero before being nerfed.
- A good plan is to destroy a Z.O.M.G. into 4 B.F.B.s, before using this ability.
- A skull will appear when the M.O.A.B. or B.F.B. (or lower) Is destroyed.
- If no M.O.A.B or B.F.B is visible, it will target the strongest Bloon on the track, or the closest if all the bloons are the same.
- The skull on the ship is the same on the Z.O.M.G.'s animation.
- If the MOAB Takedown Ability is used when there are either no Bloons on the screen, or Z.O.M.G.s only, then it will do nothing except recharge again.
- If there are M.O.A.B.s, B.F.B.s, and Z.O.M.G.s on the screen, then it will never target the Z.O.M.G., despite it being the strongest MOAB-Class Bloon on the screen, but it will target a B.F.B. instead.
- This ability has unlimited range, which makes it able to catch MOAB-Class Bloons and regular bloons from anywhere.
- This ability also suffers from a lag glitch, making it way deadlier and able to be used up to 5 times with only 1 Monkey Pirates buccaneer when there is an intense amount of lag. This also happens with the MOAB Assassin, Ground Zero and the Supply Drop.
- Even if the Ceramic Bloon, M.O.A.B. or B.F.B. is damaged when this ability is used, it will appear undamaged while the Monkey Buccaneer reels it in.
- There is a glitch that, on occasion, if 2 M.O.A.B.s or B.F.B.s are overlapping, Monkey Pirates will hook both of them.
- The Bloon targeted by this ability will lose it's Camo and Regen properties.
- If you use this ability when able to and then sell the tower, the hook will still be there until the Bloon gets destroyed.