|"Beware the M.O.A.B - it's coming next level."|
|— Round 37 in Bloons Tower Defense 3|
|"M.O.A.B. stands for Massive Ornary Air Blimp, not Mother Of All Bloons. Either way, it brings pain."|
|— Round 38 in Bloons Tower Defense 3|
|"Did you enjoy your old friend the M.O.A.B? You didn't think we'd gotten rid of it did you?"|
|— Round 47 in Bloons Tower Defense 4|
|"Here it is! The big boss bloon! ...Whatever it throws at you, do not let it pass! Think of the children, the fuzzy little children..."|
|— Dr. Monkey's final quote before the battle with the Mighty MOAB.|
|Massive Ornary Air Blimp (M.O.A.B.)|
A M.O.A.B. from Bloons Tower Defense 5
|Debut||Bloons Tower Defense 3|
|Appearance(s)||Bloons Tower Defense 3|
Bloons Tower Defense 4
Bloons TD 4 Expansion
Bloons Super Monkey
Bloons Tower Defense 5
Bloons TD Battles
Bloons Super Monkey 2
1800 (BSM2 boss)
700 (normal BSM2 MOABs)
|Parent of||4 Ceramic Bloons (BTD)|
8 Mini MOABs and many Red bloons (BSM2)
|Child of||None (BTD3)|
B.F.B. (BTD4, BTD5)
The Massive Ornary Air Blimp (M.O.A.B.) is currently the third highest ranked bloon after its parent, the B.F.B. and its grandparent, the new Z.O.M.G. It is also the second lowest ranked M.O.A.B. Class Bloon. It debuted in Bloons Tower Defense 3 (Round 37) along with the Ceramic Bloon. The M.O.A.B's other appearances include Bloons TD 4, Bloons TD 4 Expansion, Bloons TD 5 (Round 46), Bloons Super Monkey, Bloons TD (DSi/3DS), and Bloons Super Monkey 2.
In Bloons TD 3, the M.O.A.B is white instead of blue and looks thinner with 4 brown balls (the Ceramic Bloons) bulging out of its back. In Bloons TD 4, M.O.A.B.s can be identified easily by their blimp like appearance, blue stripes, and the Ceramic Bloons they yield. In Bloons TD 5, the M.O.A.B is a blue blimp, has white stripes, and no Ceramic Bloons are shown. The M.O.A.B is sluggish, being the 3rd slowest bloon in the game, surpassing only the B.F.B. and Z.O.M.G. in speed.
The only way to survive letting an MOAB through a level is buying enough lives or the Healthy Bananas premium upgrade; 617 lives is the minimum to survive an undamaged MOAB leaking.
The MOAB first appears in Stage 4. Several of them appear in Stage 5. They shoot out Red Bloons whenever they get attacked, and blow into a large cloud of various Bloons (mainly Red Bloons) upon destruction.
The MOAB appears again in Bloons Super Monkey 2. It appears as a boss of the stage 1-5. More of them appear in later stages. The boss MOAB is popped after 600 hits, then it explodes, spawning 8 Mini MOABs without shields and a cloud of Red to Yellow bloons. While moving in the screen, it releases a variety of bloons from red to pink. Normal MOABs instead still get popped after 600 hits but they explode spawning Red Bloons and Yellow Bloons instead. It is advised to focus on Mini MOABs and not normal MOABs when you have more basic weapons because Mini MOABs are a lot easier to pop and the player can earn more pops (if a MOAB is popped, you get less pops than 600).
- Main article: M.O.A.B./Strategies
- M.O.A.B.s have the same speed as Red Bloons and Lead Bloons.
- The Dart Monkey is obviously riding a M.O.A.B in Hot Air Bloon.
- A running joke is that M.O.A.B. stands for Mother Of All Bloons, which is a play on Mother of All Bombs.
- It takes 62 (56 in BTD5 PC version) sets of Road Spikes to pop a M.O.A.B..
- Popping the outer layer of a Z.O.M.G., B.F.B., M.O.A.B, or Ceramic Bloon does reward you with 1 money (due to a recent edit). This does not include their children.
- M.O.A.Bs in Bloons TD 4 are much easier to pop than in Bloons TD 3, due to the presence of M.O.A.B. Mauler.
- The M.O.A.B. is the oldest and first M.O.A.B class Bloon to be introduced to the BTD series as it was introduced in Bloons TD 3.
- In BTD5, the M.O.A.B is the only blimp without eyes on it, and is the only blimp with no symbol on it.
- The name Massive Ornary Air Blimp (also known as Mother of All Bloons) is very likely based on the Massive Ordnance Air Blast.
- M.O.A.B.s change their appearance in every game they have been in, except for Bloons Super Monkey 2 (Besides being shinier).
- When a M.O.A.B. is affected by Sabotage Supply Lines, it moves as slow as a B.F.B..
- In BTD3, it is impossible to let a M.O.A.B. escape, because it has a too high RBE (536) to survive, and the maximum possible amount of lives is 100 on Easy difficulty.
- In BTD3, the description on round 38 says that M.O.A.B. stands for Massive Ornary Air Blimp, not Mother of All Bloons. The irony in this description is that it was used on Bloons Tower Defense 3, where it was the strongest bloon in the game, so it was the mother of all bloons until the sequels were made.
- In stage 1-5 the MOAB is pushed back each some attacks in Bloons Super Monkey 2, probably to make it easier.
- In BSM2, the final health stage of a MOAB has an "OUT OF ORDER" sign.
- This makes it the only text on bloons in the entire series.
- All MOAB-class bloons will make a regular popping sound when popped.