|“||Monkey glue slows down bloons. Each blob can slow down 20 bloons before wearing out. Monkey Glue only lasts until the end of the round.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 4 description|
BTD2 Monkey Glue Icon
$30 (Bloons TD 2/3)
Monkey Glue is a roadblock that debuted in Bloons Tower Defense 2. Each Monkey Glue is enough to slow down 20 Bloons before wearing out. Monkey Glue only lasts until the end of each round. In Bloons Tower Defense 2 & 3, Monkey Glue costs 40 coins. In BTD app (For iPhone/iPad), Monkey Glue costs 35 coins. In Bloons Tower Defense 4, Monkey Glue is reduced to 10 coins. In Apopalypse Mode, Monkey Glue, as well as Road Spikes, lasts for an indefinite amount of time since there are no round endings. Ceramic Bloons and MOAB-Class Bloons are immune to Monkey Glue, as well as the Glue Gunner tower without the Corrosive Glue upgrade. Monkey Glue is best used for the early rounds.
- Main article: Monkey Glue/Strategies
- The Monkey Glue's sprites are different for its icon and ready state.
- Glue Gunner's glue and Monkey Glue do not stack, but Glue Gunners/Monkey Glue and Arctic Wind do stack.
- The monkey glue is the cheapest object in Bloons Tower Defense 4, costing only 10 Money.
- The Icon looks nothing like the actual look, it's a splat instead of a smudge.
- The Monkey Glue Icon looks similar to the icon for the upgrade Glue Splatter of the Glue Gunner.
- The Monkey Glue will not do anything to Ceramic Bloons or MOAB-Class Bloons.
- A Level 3 Glue Supply Depot in BTD5 leaves Monkey Glue on the track, making Bloons Tower Defense 1 the only game to have no Monkey Glue.
- When the Glue Splatter (in BTD4) glues bloons, briefly a big Monkey Glue icon appears in the impact zone.