The Monkey Intelligence Bureau is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Village. It allows all the towers in the radius to pop any type of bloon. It does not necessarily grant M.O.A.B. Class Bloon popping power, but it allows all towers within its radius to pop Lead Bloons, Thermal Bloons, Frozen Bloons, and (in BTD6) Purple Bloons.
In BTD5, it costs $3,455 on Easy, $4,300 on Medium, $TBA on Hard, and $TBA on Impoppable. In BTD6, it costs $6,375 on Easy, $7,500 on Medium, $8,100 on Hard, and $TBA on Impoppable.
- Black and Zebra Bloons can be popped by Bomb Towers, Mortar Towers, Pineapples, and any other explosives.
- White and Zebra Bloons can be frozen by Ice Towers.
- Frozen and Lead Bloons can be popped by darts, tacks, etc. without special upgrades.
However, with the BTD5 generation, Glue Gunners and Ice Towers still cannot slow or freeze M.O.A.B. Class Bloons, nor can it allow Bloonchippers to suck in every type of bloon. Also note that Road Spikes that don't come from a tower remain unaffected by the Monkey Intelligence Bureau. (Note that all Pineapples can pop Thermal Bloons within the MIB's radius.)
- Black and Zebra Bloons can be popped by Bomb Shooters and similar explosive towers and upgrades.
- White and Zebra Bloons can be frozen and popped by Ice Monkeys.
- Frozen and Lead Bloons (including DDTs) can be popped by darts, tacks, etc. without special upgrades.
- Purple Bloons can be popped by all energy-based upgrades, all fire-based upgrades, and all plasma-based upgrades.
However, this will not grant power to attack M.O.A.B. Class Bloons if the tower cannot attack them, like BTD5.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Monkey Intelligence Bureau price decreased ($4300 → $4000).
- The acronym of the name Monkey Intelligence Bureau is M.I.B, the same acronym as the fictional organization Men in Black.
- The M.I.B. released twelve BTD5 leaks on their notepad before the official release of BTD5. These usually revealed Level Three upgrades for various towers, one of which was the conversion of the Monkey Beacon to the Monkey Village.
- Although the M.I.B. seems dramatically overpriced, depending on the circumstances, it may be well worth the price.
- If you have the Jungle Drums upgrade with the M.I.B, music notes come out from the roof.
- This upgrade increases the Monkey Village's range.
- Contrary to popular belief, M.I.B will not allow any Glue Gunners in the radius to slow Ceramic Bloons.
- This is the only way to make Bloonjitsu Master, Aircraft carrier, and Support Chinook (not triple dart monkey because of splodey darts, Ground Zero because of the ability and Pineapple Present, and Overclock because of Engineer's workshop tier 3) able to pop lead bloons.
- Despite stating that it allows towers to pop "all bloon types" it does not grant this to the following:
- Glue Gunners and Ice Towers on M.O.A.B-Class Bloons
- Road spikes on Lead bloons (It does however sort of work on Bloons TD 5 Mobile. 1 lead will still eat up a whole road spike after being popped, leaving its children unharmed.) excluding those produced by a Spike Factory
- This could possibly be because Road Spikes are not towers.
- The upgrade was buffed on a recent update, in that it allows Ice Towers to freeze White and Zebra bloons. An Arctic Wind under the affects of a M.I.B can pop infinite amounts of any non-M.O.A.B. Class Bloon.
- The name also seems to be a combination of the FBI and CIA. FBI means Federal Bureau of Investigation and CIA meaning Central Intelligence Agency.
- It may also be possible the M.I.B is simply a reference the the popular movie series Men In Black. (Which of course took its title from the comic book series it was based on, which itself is a reference to "men in black" conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theorists have used the term to refer to government agents since at least the late 1960s.)
- In addition, BTD6's Monkey Intelligence Bureau icon is a monkey in black three-piece businesswear wearing black sunglasses.