Updates involving Monkey MoneyEdit
- An update was released on Jan 19, 2012 that added a Treasure Chest to the game's main menu that, once clicked, gives the player a random amount of Monkey Money once a day (if you have a Ninja Kiwi account). You can also earn Monkey Money by completing Special Missions.
- An update was released on Jan 27, 2012 that added the ability to earn Monkey Money for completing Daily Challenges.
- An update was released on April 23, 2012 that added the ability to earn Monkey Money by 20% reward instead of original reward (100% reward) for replaying all Tracks.
- On April 26, 2012 there was a update for double Monkey Money. Now you get double monkey money every time you win a game, Daily Challenge or Special Missions. You also get double from the treasure chest. This ended April 29, 2012.
- An update was released on the July 12, 2012, that allowed for a Treasure Chest Monkey Money reward multiplier.
- Double Monkey Money came again from August 25, 2012 to August 27, 2012.
- Double Monkey Money came yet again from October 4, 2012 to October 7, 2012.
- Double Monkey Money came a fourth time from October 25, 2012 to October 28, 2012.
- Double Monkey Money came a fifth time from December 19, 2012 to January 8, 2013.
- (Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile only) On April 18, 2013, this is the first time Double Monkey Money came.
- Double Monkey Money came a second time for iOS from July 3, 2014 to July 7, 2014.
- During the Christmas season of 2015, Double Money came again for Flash.
- Double Monkey Money came again on 23rd March 2016 and ended on 30th March 2016.
Playing a GameEdit
The player can obtain Monkey Money by playing a game.
However, if a player already has completed a game mode in a specific track, the reward will divide by 5.
The can can also obtain Monkey Money from playing BTD5 daily. The more they play, the higher the reward is.
There is a game-option, which requires some Monkey Money in order to unlock.
- It looks like an American dollar bill in real life, except they have a monkey (apparently named George Monkeyton) on them.
- George Monkeyton is a pun on George Washington, the first president of the United States.
- It's much easier to get Monkey Money on BTD5 Deluxe/Steam, as many rewards are twice what they are on the online version in addition to four times the reward for Special Missions.
- Speaking of BTD5D, you can get premium upgrades by using Monkey Money instead (Though much more expensive)
- In iOS versions of BTD5, the player can get monkey money by opening the chest everyday.
- If the player goes to their devices settings, then Date and Time, they can change the date. Changing the date makes the iOS version of TD5 think that it is a new day, so the player can then open the chest multiple times everyday, giving the player "Unlimited Monkey Money."
- However if you do this and set the time back to normal the chest cannot be used until the actual "day" comes.