|“||It's not about what you know, it's about who you know! Now you can sell all of your towers for 100% of what you paid for them, including upgrades||”|
|~ Description in NK Store.|
Monkey Tycoon is a Premium Upgrade in Bloons Tower Defense 4 and Bloons Tower Defense 5 that allows a full refund for a tower. When selling without Monkey Tycoon, the player will only get an 80% refund. It costs 12 in BTD4, 18 in BTD5 or 4400 in Bloons Tower Defense 5 Deluxe.
- This upgrade is very useful in Deflation Mode, and in Clock and Switch, because the player can keep changing their towers without losing any money if are not satisfied.
- A second "strategy" associated with Monkey Tycoon is to sell your towers and then re-purchase them within the radius of a Monkey Village. The necessity of Monkey Tycoon is to ensure that you do not lose money when selling.
- A similar strategy requires towers which have abilities to be sold and re-purchased for the ability to be used straight away again.
- You can also sell the towers you don't need (example: MOAB Maulers and MOAB-SHREDR Spikes at round 63) and buy banana farms with that money, then sell the banana farms and buy these towers again.
- Allows Abilities to be used over and over again, like Ground Zero. However, it will not make Supply Drop be used over and over again, because it has a cooldown after a Sniper Monkey is upgraded to Supply Drop.