Mortar Emplacement is a Specialty Building for the Mortar Tower added in an update to Bloons Tower Defense 5 on the 21st of June, 2012. It costs 750 to purchase initially and it increases the cost of Dartling Gun by 5%.
Bloons TD 5 UpgradesEdit
- The initial upgrade reduces the cost of Mortar Towers and their upgrades by 5%, costing 750
- The second upgrade costs 750 and increases Mortar attack speed by 10%.
- The third upgrade costs 1000 and briefly stuns all bloons hit.
- The fourth upgrade is exclusive to Bloons TD 5 Mobile, costing 1000. It allows the Mortar Tower to auto-aim and shoot like a regular tower. (Note: This upgrade will still allow a Set Target option; on the First setting, tap the left priority button and it will use the normal Mortar targeting option)
- The third upgrade allows the Mortar Tower to stun bloons for about the same time as a Bomb Tower with Bloon Impact. This is extremely useful for the Artillery Battery because of its fast firing speed.
- With upgrade three, 2 2/4 Mortar Towers near a Monkey Intelligence Bureau can pop near infinite Ceramic Bloons.