|“||Check out this pretty bloon coming up...||”|
|~ Round 12 in Bloons Tower Defense 2|
|“||Rainbow bloons are fast and mean, and have 2 blacks and 2 whites in them.||”|
|~ Round 12 in Bloons Tower Defense 3|
|“||At the end of the next round are 3 rainbow bloons. They contain 2 Zebra bloons, enjoy.||”|
|~ Round 35 in Bloons Tower Defense 4|
|“||Rainbow bloons, pretty fast, pretty mean, and pretty pretty. They're rainbows after all, right?||”|
|~ Round 35 in Bloons Tower Defense 5|
The Rainbow Bloon is a bloon that originally appeared in Bloons Tower Defense 2 and has appeared in every other BTD game since. It is the parent of two Black and White Bloons in BTD2 and BTD3 and the parent of two Zebra Bloons in BTD4 , BTD5, and BTD6. Rainbow Bloons are quite fast, having a relative speed of 2.2 compared to a Red Bloon. They are faster than White Bloons but still slower than Ceramic Bloons. In the original Bloons, there is a Helium Bloon, which is also rainbow and is often confused with this type of bloon.
Rainbow Bloons are relatively strong bloons because, although its own layer is easy to pop, it can spawn a large total of bloons, summing up to 37 bloons per Rainbow Bloon. It is also relatively fast too, having a relative speed of 2.2 compared to a Red Bloon. Many towers or towers with high upgrades are well recommended to dealing with these bloons.
- Main article: Rainbow Bloon/Strategies
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
The Rainbow Bloon (specifically the grouped version) has become notorious among players for being hard to defend, especially when paired with the regrowth property, having earned the nickname Regrow Rainbows Of Doom (RROD). However, It's since been nerfed overall via game updates.
Grouped Rainbow Bloons price increased ($450 → $675).
Grouped Rainbow Bloons price decreased ($675 → $550).
Grouped Rainbow Bloons spacing increased by 20%.
- It changed its appearance twice throughout the series. In Bloons TD 2 and Bloons TD 3, it has a red "spiral", and looked like the Helium Bloon in Even More Bloons, while in Bloons TD 4, it has a vertical rainbow pattern. In BTD5 it was just different color lines that don't fade/collide together.
- In BTD3, it makes its first appearance before any of its children.
- When an Ice Tower upgraded with Snap Freeze freezes a Rainbow Bloon, the Rainbow Bloon will pop leaving behind two Zebra Bloons in its place (shown to the right). Though they are immune to bombs and ice, the Zebra Bloons will be frozen. This one of the few known ways to freeze a Zebra Bloon, the other way is to use the Viral Frost.
- If an Ice Tower pops a Rainbow Bloon with Snap Freeze in BTD5 (without Viral Frost or support of a Monkey Intelligence Bureau), the Zebra Bloons just come out unfrozen. The Zebra children will just move at their normal speed.
- In BTD2 and BTD3, it is the only bloon to contain two different types of bloon, while in BTD4 and BTD5, it is the Zebra Bloon. In BTD6, the B.A.D. does too.
- Although the rainbow bloon is a rainbow-colored bloon, it is not the parent of any bloon that is any color of the rainbow.
- The Rainbow Bloon in Bloons Super Monkey has only 6 layers.
- Before Round 35 in Bloons Tower Defense 4, the game tricks the player by saying there are 3 Rainbow Bloons at the end of the level. There are 3 Rainbow Bloons at the end of the level, but only after 5 are seen earlier in the level.
- In the special mission Covert Pops, the player must be careful on round 42 as there are lots of Camo Regen Rainbows heading the way.
- In BTD2, round 43's pre-round comment is misspelled and it says "Letting a raindbow bloon escape will cost you the princely sum of 37 lives!".
- Ring Of Fire can be useful to defeat Rainbow Rushes.
- In Bloons Monkey City Mobile, Rainbow Bloons requires the Bloon Compression Tank to research for MvM.
- The official last appearance for Rainbow Bloons in BTD5 is Round 82, where Camo Regen Rainbows among with B.F.Bs is incoming, though it wouldn't be a problem because your camo detectors used in Round 78 can usually handle it, it also gives Ice Shards and Bloon Area Denial System ability come through it's spotlight since they can hit the B.F.Bs from behind.