Sandbox Mode is a mode that allows players to send out specific bloons at any time first appearing in Bloons Tower Defense 4. In this mode, the player have 100,000 lives and $1,000,000 cash in Bloons Tower Defense 4 or infinite lives and cash for Bloons Tower Defense 5. It is unlocked at Rank 26 in Bloons Tower Defense 4 and Rank 25 in Bloons Tower Defense 5. The player is free to spawn any type of bloon and purchase any kind of tower type and upgrade, as long as they have unlocked it. Players can experiment and test strategies in this mode.
Bloons Tower Defense 4 FeaturesEdit
In Bloons Tower Defense 4 Sandbox Mode, there is $1,000,000 cash and 100,000 lives provided. The prices for the towers and upgrades are from Medium Difficulty. There is a menu at the top of the screen which allows any kind of Bloon to be spawned.
- Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink Bloons spawn in groups of 20.
- Black, White, Zebra, Lead, Rainbow, and Camo Bloons spawn in 10s.
- Ceramic Bloons spawn in 5s.
- M.O.A.Bs and B.F.Bs spawn one at a time.
Bloons Tower Defense 5 FeaturesEdit
In Bloons Tower Defense 5 Sandbox Mode, there is an infinite amount of cash and lives provided. All prices are the same as in Medium Difficulty. At the bottom of the screen, there are boxes with a type of bloon in them and a hotkey. To spawn bloons, click on the box or press the hotkey and one of that bloon will spawn.
Holding down the hotkey will provide a spam line of bloons.
Bloon Hotkey Red Bloon 1 Blue Bloon 2 Green Bloon 3 Yellow Bloon 4 Pink Bloon 5 Black Bloon 6 White Bloon 7 Lead Bloon 8 Zebra Bloon 9 Rainbow Bloon 0 Ceramic Bloon U M.O.A.B. I B.F.B. O Z.O.M.G. P
There is also a 'Camo' box and a 'Regenerating' box that the player can click to turn the bloons into Camo Bloons or Regrowth Bloons, respectively.
- It's possible to spend all the money given and lose all the lives in the Bloons Tower Defense 4. The amount of money given is not infinite and if 35 B.F.B.s escape, all the lives will be lost.
- In Bloons Tower Defense 5, the player's lives and cash amounts are represented by a dash, showing that they are unlimited.
- In Bloons Tower Defense 4, it says that the player is playing Round 1 and if the player loses, it will say "You ran out of lives on Round 1".
- Sandbox Mode is not featured on mobile versions of Bloons Tower Defense 4.
- Sandbox Mode was considered an Easter egg on early versions in Bloons Tower Defense 5 iOS and was removed in version 1.1, but it reappeared again on version 1.2 along with the release of the new track, Brick Wall; the player must pay a one-time payment of 1500 to unlock and use Sandbox Mode in Bloons TD 5 iOS.
- It is possible to achieve high theoretical rounds to; the next "round" will start when the final bloon on the map is popped. Thus, bloons will move at high speeds at extremely high "rounds".
- On the iOS version of Sandbox Mode, you cannot make a spam line of bloons. (A spam line of bloons are endless, and they are not spaced together.
- It is recommended to play Sandbox Mode on the computer if you want to have more fun.
- Sometimes, when you hold down the hotkey for a bloon to make a spam line of that bloon, the line will end or the bloons in the line might be spaced and not grouped.