Sandbox Mode is a mode that allows players to send out specific Bloons at any time first appearing in Bloons Tower Defense 4. In this mode, the player have 100,000 lives and $1,000,000 cash in BTD4 or infinite cash and lives for BTD5. It is unlocked at Rank 26 in BTD4 and Rank 25 in BTD5. The player is free to spawn any type of bloon and purchase any kind of tower type and upgrade, as long as they have unlocked it. Players can experiment and test strategies in this mode.
BTD4 Features Edit
A menu shows at the top which allows any kind of Bloon to be spawned.
- Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink Bloons spawn in groups of 20.
- Black, White, Zebra, Lead, Rainbow, and Camo Bloons spawn in 10s.
- Ceramic Bloons spawn in 5s.
- M.O.A.Bs and B.F.Bs spawn one at a time.
- 100,000 lives are provided.
- $1,000,000 money is provided.
- Towers/Upgrades prices are from Medium Difficulty.
In BTD5, you have infinite cash and lives. There are boxes and hotkeys for each bloon type. One click of each box or a press of its hotkey will summon one bloon of that type. Hence, in BTD5, one can spawn any number of any type of Bloons. XP is not awarded in this mode. There are hotkeys for bloons in addition to the regular hotkeys. Summoning Regen and Camo Bloons simply requires their respective boxes to be ticked. Like BTD4, towers and upgrades still need to be unlocked before they can be used. The first eleven bloons (Non MOAB-Class Bloons) will have hotkeys ranging from 1 to 0, with U as the final non-MOAB-Class Bloon. The last three bloons, the MOAB-Class Bloons, have hotkeys I, O and P. There are no Special Agents allowed in this mode.
- It's possible to lose all your money and lives in BTD4. The money value is not really infinite and 35 B.F.B.s will kill you in BTD4 Sandbox Mode.
- The difficulty is set at medium for both BTD4 and BTD5.
- On BTD5, the player's lives and cash amounts are represented by a dash, suggesting that they are unlimited.
- In BTD4, it says that you're playing Round 1 and if you lose, it will say "You ran out of lives on Round 1".
- Most people prefer Bloons TD 5 Sandbox Mode because you don't have to spawn a certain amount of bloons unlike Bloons TD 4; players also have unlimited lives and money in the Bloons TD 5 version.
- Sandbox mode is not featured on mobile versions of BTD4.
- Sandbox mode was considered an Easter egg on early versions in Bloons TD 5 iOS and was removed in version 1.1, but it reappeared again on version 1.2 along with the release of the new track, Brick Wall; you must pay a one-time payment of $1500 Monkey Money to unlock and use Sandbox Mode in Bloons TD 5 iOS.
- The Ray of Doom tower keeps shooting even if there's nothing there in this mode.