Special Agent Pros are permanent upgrades for Special Agents. A Special Agent can be upgraded to its pro version by placing using that Special Agent a certain number of times. This update was released on April 19, 2012.
The amount of times placed to receive the pro upgrades (along with some information) are as follows:
- Tribal Turtle turns to Tribal Turtle Pro: Using it 50 times
- Bloonsday Device turns to Bloonsday Device Pro: Using it 20 times
- Meerkat Spy turns to Meerkat Spy Pro: Using it 50 times
- Bloonberry Bush turns to Bloonberry Bush Pro: Using it 50 times
- Beekeeper turns to Beekeeper Pro: Using it 40 times
- Angry Squirrel turns to Angry Squirrel Pro: Using it 50 times
- Super Monkey Storm turns to Super Monkey Storm Pro: Using it 50 times
- Pontoon turns into Pontoon Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Portable Lake turns into Portable Lake Pro: Using it 50 times.
BTD5 Deluxe exclusive agentsEdit
- Monkey Farmer Turns into Monkey Farmer Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Watermelon Spitter Turns into Watermelon Spitter Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Mad Snowman Turns into Mad Snowman Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Snowman now lasts 20 rounds before melting, has a faster pop and freeze attack, and an Abominable Activated Ability that gives him turbo snowballs.
- Cost: 60 × 50 = 3000. unlimited
BTD5 Mobile exclusive agentsEdit
- Radadactyl Turns into Radadactyl Pro: Using it 40 times.
- On April 19, 2012, Special Agent Pros were added to the game.
- On September 27, 2012, until October 1st, all Special Agents are pro, whether the player has achieved the pro for them or not.
- On November 30, 2012, all Special Agents were pro until December 3rd.
- (Bloons TD 5 Mobile) On May 31, 2013, all Special Agents were pro until June 3rd.
- Generally, the more expensive a Special Agent is, the fewer times it needs to be used for its Pro to be unlocked.
- It costs a whopping 34,050 in total to unlock all Pro Special Agents.
- Placing the Special Agent down is what counts towards the "Pro" Count.
- Any Special Agents used before this update was added do not count towards the Pro Count.
- A Special Agent's Pro Count can be monitored by looking below the Special Agent inside the Special Agent hut.
- Free Special Agents given during Daily Challenges do not count towards the "Pro" Count.
- Part of the reason they don't is because then you could cheat to get pros by placing them, leaving the challenge, and placing them again.
- The cheapest Special Agent Pros are the Pontoon Pro, Portable Lake Pro, and the Monkey Farmer Pro. The most expensive are the Bloonsday Device Pro and the Watermelon Spitter Pro.
- The amount of Monkey Money it takes to get a Portable Lake Pro, a Pontoon Pro or a Monkey Farmer Pro could buy you only 8 Bloonsday Devices.
- The Angry Squirrel Pro has a spelling error in its description. The error is that "acorns" are spelt "acrons". But it a lot cooler.