Special Items provide special buffs to the player in Bloons Monkey City Special Missions. Special Items can be gained by successfully completing a Treasure Chest tile or a certain Special Mission. Special Items are unique and kept between cities, and the player's accumulated items are found under the Special Items tab.
List of Special ItemsEdit
- Anti-Camo Dust: Grants an activated ability for all subsequent games - for 20 seconds, removes all camo from bloons. Obtainable from one of the first Treasure Chests in the second city
- Banana Replicator: First Banana Farm (resource building) has an increased +150 cash capacity.
- Blessed Dart: Dart Monkeys have +20% pierce. (i.e. +1 pierce every 5 shots for unupgraded Dart Monkeys)
- Boss Bane: Deals 1500 damage to the Boss. 30 second cooldown.
- Boss Blast: Pushes the Boss back along the track, and deals 500 damage (450 damage to Bloonarius). 40 second cooldown.
- Boss Chill: Holds the Boss in place for 5 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
- Boss Weaken: Monkeys do double damage for 10 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
- Bottle Rocket: Increases range of every Missile tower by 10%.
- Cuddly Bear: Grants an activated ability for all subsequent games: 20 bonus lives, 35 second cooldown once per round· Obtainable from the ZZZZOMG special mission.
- Dark Temple Idol: Transforms Temples of the Monkey God into Temples of the Vengeful Monkey.
- Enchanted Boomerang: Boomerang Throwers have +1 pierce. Obtainable from the Wattle Trees mission.
- Epic Magic Coin Purse: The game starts with $200 extra starting cash.
- Extra Sticky Substance: Glue gets 5% extra slowdown and 20% extra duration. Obtainable from the Special Mission Sticky Sap Plant.
- Logistical Boots: +10% more City Cash awarded when conquering a tile.
- Magic Banana Bag: Increases City Cash capacity by 1500.
- Magic Coin Purse: The game starts with $50 extra starting cash.
- Magic Spanner: Monkey Aces and Monkey Buccaneers cost 5% less, including their upgrades.
- Ninja Scrolls: Gives all Ninja Monkeys a 5% speed boost. Obtainable upon completion of Tranquil Glade.
- Portable Dart Monkey: Folds up and slips into your pocket, this little guy can be used during every game as a free Dart Monkey.
- Revenge Stick: Taking revenge grants 300 for free. (Mobile: Revenge only uses 80% Bloontonium.)
- Shard of Everfrost: Ice Towers freeze for 5% longer and 5% more frequently. Obtainable upon completion of Glacier.
- Dragon King*: The Mighty Dragon King will soar across the skies of your city, protecting all who dwell within. (This will give the player a dragon king that flies over the city) Obtained from beating the Dragon Slayer special mission. (*Only obtainable during the Chinese new year event on the iOS platforms.)
- Egg Scrambler**: Scramble your emergency defenses. Triggers a free monkey boost once per game when you lose a life. Obtainable by getting the grand prize in the 2015 easter egg collecting event (**This was available during the Easter event on the iOS and Android platforms.)
- Golden Egg Scrambler**: Scramble your emergency defenses! Automatically pops the first non-MOAB bloon that escapes during a game and triggers a free monkey boost once per game! Obtainable by getting the grand prize in the 2016 or 2017 easter egg collecting event (**This was available during the Easter event on the iOS and Android platforms.), however you can only earn the Golden Egg Scrambler once.
- (Unused/Unknown) Portal Artifact: An unknown item, only appears in early released BMC. It's not impossible to find it and the only hint of it is the quest "Ancient Portal Knowledge", which says that it's lost and player needs to reassemble it. It's unknown what it was supposed to do, there were 5 pieces of them, and it's unknown if it's still in game's files. It got removed soon after official release.
Obtainable from Special MissionsEdit
|Wattle Trees||Enchanted Boomerang|
|Tranquil Glade||Ninja Scroll|
|Sticky Sap Plant||Extra Sticky Substance|
|Glacier||Shard of Everfrost|