|“||Flying fortress of bloon doom.||”|
|~ Official Description|
Spectre is the final upgrade on path 1 for the Monkey Ace in Bloons TD 5. It makes the plane continuously fire bombs and darts very quickly directly at the bloons instead of firing eight darts. The bombs can pop lead bloons and black bloons (in BTD5). With the Spy Plane upgrade, they can target any bloon or MOAB class bloon within range and can easily destroy grouped bloons.
With a update in BTD5, the bombs from the Spectre pops 2 layers of Bloons instead of 1. As a result, the Spectre is now hands-down the cheapest effective tower against non-MOAB class Bloons.
It doesn't have target priority and just shoots whatever's closest. To counteract this, it's better to place it off to the side so that the Bloons are always coming towards it. That way, it will generally target "First". However, it stops shooting if the plane flies too far off-screen.
In BTD6, this upgrade returns as the fourth upgrade of Path 3. However, it can no longer damage DDTs without MIB or similar upgrades, even if it has camo detection. Also, it is now split from Rapid Fire upgrade. It costs $18000 on Medium, as with BTD5.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Spectre bombs can duplicate if the landing pad is under the influence of a Monkey Fort.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Generally speaking this upgrade is only bought to defend against Round 32 A.I. or sometimes Bloon Adjustment, due to how expensive it is to get up a Spectre ($21475 including path 2 upgrades). Overall this upgrade has been buffed, but not significantly.
Spectre price decreased ($18000 → $17000).
Update History (BTD6)Edit
Before Version 4.0, Spectre was much more powerful than the Apache Dartship for less price. Now, with a very slight nerf to Spectre (but with no change to the Flying Fortress by extension) along with an Apache Dartship price drop has made the Spectre a little more on even grounds.
Spectre attacks 16.67% slower than normal.
Additional BMC Flash screenshotsEdit
- The Spectre is based on a real US gunship, the AC-130 Spectre.
- Thus, this explains the reason why in Bloon Monkey City that the AC130 Construction Hangar is required for the Spectre.
- It shoots a lot faster than the previous upgrades (15 shots per second, or every 2 frames).
- If you look carefully at the artwork, you can see the words "From: Ace" and "To: Bloons" are tagged on the first and second bombs.
- If the Spectre does not have the Spy Plane upgrade, it can still target Camo Bloons although it will not pop them.
- As of Mar 22, 2012, Spectre bombs can pop Black Bloons and Zebra Bloons.
- Unlike the Neva-Miss Targeting upgrade from the Monkey Ace, projectiles will not turn and follow bloons when they miss, mainly because of their speed.
- One Spectre can easily take down Ceramic Bloon rushes like round 76.
- Only one Spectre is enough to beat an entire beginner track on easy, even on medium. It can't beat any difficulty alone on Switch, Castle, Drag Strip, Death Valley or on extreme tracks. The player can try this with Cash Injection.
- One Spectre can destroy a MOAB easily, unless there is more than one spaced out, due to the fact that the bombs explode in a short radius, and can damage about 1 or 2 MOABs. Only the sharp darts are able to attack more than one.
- Note that a 4/2 Spectre by itself can still damage a DDT. This is because though a Spectre can pop black bloons and leads bloons by shooting bomb shells that can hurt any bloon type, so a DDT is not immune to this tower. However, adding Monkey Intelligence Bureau next to a Spectre's landing base is strongly recommended because then the Spectre will effectively become twice as powerful against DDTs because Monkey Intelligence Bureau allows also darts to damage DDTs.