Spike Storm is the final upgrade for the Spike Factory in Bloons TD 4, and the final upgrade of Path 2 in Bloons TD 5. This upgrade allows the Spike Factory to cover the track with an almost unstoppable wave of short-lived spikes (they disappear quickly once the effect is over) every 15 seconds in BTD4, and, in BTD5, adds an ability called Spike Storm, which takes about 1 minute to recharge. In BTD5, it can still do heavy damage to MOAB-Class Bloons because it has the MOAB-SHREDR Spikes upgrade before it.
Easy: 5525, Medium: $6500, Hard: $7020, Impoppable: $7800
- In BTD5, the Spike Storm is an ability.
- It lasts much longer than in BTD4 to use the Spike Storm. That's because in BTD4, it didn't have the MOAB SHREDR Spikes upgrade.
- In Bloons TD 4, Spike Storm will occasionally only cover 1/4 or 1/2 of the track.
- The ability throws out a total of 250 piles of spikes (?).
- A 0/4 spike factory will shoot little spikes that pop 5 bloons each, but the 1/4 will shoot spikes that pop 10 bloons each.
- The Spike Storm ability in BTD5 is very effective against a rush of MOABs.
- The Spike Storm ability can almost wipe out a whole B.F.B.
- The spike storm can pop the layer of 9 D.D.T.s (with 2/x upgrade or MIB support).
- In BTD Battles, spamming 1/4 spike factories are an extremely useful way in late rounds, as super monkeys are not as useful as they are in BMC, and BTD5.