|“||Rigged with heavy explosives, the spiked balls are set to go off when they lose all their spikes.||”|
|~ BTD5 Official Description|
Spiked Mines is the final upgrade for path 1 of the Spike Factory in Bloons Tower Defense 5. Each spiked ball can pop up to 16 bloons before exploding. There is a skull on top of the spiked mine production chute, and a skull on top of the mines it produces. This upgrade rigs the spike balls with heavy explosives, causing them to go off when they lose all their spikes, as well as giving the tower a pretty big attack speed increase. The explosion gives bloons a napalm effect, similar to the Mortar Tower's Burny Stuff upgrade. The napalm pops bloons every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. The explosions pop 4 layers.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Spiked Mines has a slower attack speed (4/0: 0.96 shots per second → TBA; 4/1: 1.57 shots per second → TBA; 4/2: 2.5 shots per second → TBA).
Spiked Mines have smaller explosions and negate the popping power of the Spiked Ball Factory upgrade (each ball pops 16 bloons before exploding instead of 20).
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Spiked Mines price decreased ($14000 → $12000).
- This upgrade causes deployment speed of the Spiked Mines to double.
- Spiked Mines with Even Faster Production upgrade, Spikes R Us tier 2, and Tack Awesomizer can destroy an entire ZOMG, provided the spike factory is located far enough from the start of the track and the mines are sufficiently concentrated.
- To see the max amount a 4-2 spike factory can pop, see
- If the Spiked Mines are not used, they will explode after a while in the same way normal spikes or Spiked Balls disappear after a certain amount of time.
- If a Spiked Mine Factory is put into the Socket of Power in "The Crucible", it will produce spiked balls so fast that it appears that the hatch is not moving. This only happens on fast forward, however.
- The Tier 4 upgrades for the Spike Factory are the last to be unlocked, the second last are the Dartling Gun Tier 4 upgrades, and the third last are the Mortar Tower Tier 4 upgrades, however, it is the third last in BTD5D, followed by the Monkey Engineer and Bloonchipper, respectively.
- Spiked Mines' explosions are not powerful enough to pop Black Bloons and Zebra Bloons.
- It takes 4 4/2 Spiked Mines to pop a Z.O.M.G..
- It takes however two to pop a ZOMG fully on long, easy, 'one end' track.
- It takes one only to pop a ZOMG fully in BMC, a long track and only one ending, like the flower grass terrain track, without any support. As seen, the spiked mines upgrade is really useful in capturing tiles in BMC.