Splodey Darts is a Premium Upgrade for Bloons TD 5. In Bloons TD 5 it costs 22 while it costs 5400 in Bloons Tower Defense 5 Deluxe. It explodes when it reaches its final pop (or touches a Lead Bloon), popping even more bloons and allowing Dart Monkeys capable of destroying Lead Bloons without buying Juggernaut. A Premium Upgrade that is from Bloons TD 4 acts just the same, but it's called Exploding Darts. It is particularly useful if using Dart Monkey Path 2 upgrades.
- Spike-O-Pults and Juggernauts are affected by this Premium Upgrade.
- However, since they must reach the end of their pop count or go far enough to disappear, it's much harder to see due to larger range and popping power.
- Also, ingame path upgrades for Dart Monkeys do not change the effects of the explosion; the explosion is smaller than a Juggernaut projectile. This is even smaller than the Fireball upgrade from the Monkey Apprentice.
- Regular Super Monkeys are not affected by Splodey Darts, but Dart Monkeys under the influence of the Super Monkey Fan Club are affected.
- This premium upgrade is very effective if the player has camo detection and triple dart firing.
- This premium upgrade is used by the fourth tier of Dart Training Facility (only on Bloons TD5 Mobile).
- The explosion is the same as when the Sentry Gun from the Monkey Engineer disappears.
- Spamming 2/3 Dart Monkeys with this premium upgrade can win most games with no problems.
- Each explosion from the Dart Monkey projectiles pops up to 5(?) bloons at once.