|“||Super Monkey shoots a continuous stream of darts, and can mow down even the fastest and most stubborn bloons.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 1 Description|
|“||Throws darts incredibly fast. Has long range and lots of insanely powerful upgrades.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 Description|
|“||You have got any super monkeys yet? Are they really worth all that money?||”|
|~ Round 48 in Bloons Tower Defense 1|
|“||Super Monkeys throw darts 15-20 per second. They also have great range so use them where they will have best track coverage.||”|
|~ Description upon unlocking in BTD4|
|“||Throws hundreds of darts at hypersonic speed with a huge attack range.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 6 Description|
The Super Monkey is a tower that has appeared in all of the Bloons TD games, Bloons 2, Bloons Super Monkey and Bloons Super Monkey 2. It shoots projectiles at a very high rate (about 15 darts per second barring lag), making it the most powerful but also most expensive tower to invest in. The cost of the Super Monkey is $4000 in the original, and the cost varies depending on the difficulty level in all subsequent games. It costs $3500 on Medium. However, despite being the most powerful tower, the Super Monkey cannot pop Lead Bloons or detect Camo Bloons without any aid from upgrades, towers, and/or Speciality Buildings. However, in Bloons Tower Defense 6, the new Ultravison upgrade allows the Super Monkey to hit Camo Bloons.
Bloons TD 1Edit
Bloons TD 2Edit
In Bloons TD 2, the Super Monkey has the Epic Range upgrade from Bloons TD 1 along with a new upgrade named Laser Vision. Laser Vision makes the Super Monkey shoot lasers instead of darts; lasers can pierce two bloons, along with being able to pop frozen bloons.
|Total Sell Amount||$7848||$8896||$9072|
Bloons TD 3Edit
In Bloons TD 3, the Super Monkey not only has the upgrades from Bloons TD 1 and Bloons TD 2, Epic Range and Laser Vision, but also has 2 additional upgrades, Plasma Vision and Super Range. Plasma Vision enables the Super Monkey to shoot balls of plasma; plasma shoots twice as fast and can pop any type of bloon. The other upgrade, Super Range further increases a tower's range similarly to the Epic Range upgrade.
|Total Sell Amount||$9932||$11280||$11752|
Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 4 ExpansionEdit
Despite Lasers being able to pop two bloons at once, it is still one projectile. Lasers are also capable of popping Lead Bloons in the iOS version and frozen bloons normally. It costs $2975 on Easy, $3500 on Medium and $3780 on Hard.
Plasma Vision in Bloons TD 4 is similar to Bloons TD 3, shooting twice as fast and vaporizes almost anything it touches. The cost is the equivalent of the cost of a Super Monkey that is not upgraded.
|“||Legends speak of a being that fears no bloon.||”|
|~ BTD4 Sun God Description|
(Each laser can pop 2 bloons instead of 1)
(Plasma shoots twice as fast as an individual laser, each shot pops 4 bloons and can pop lead bloons.)
Temple of the Monkey God
|Total Sell Amount||$87380||$102800||$111024||$123360 ($125760 with path 2 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$109225||$128500||$138780||$154200 ($157200 with path 2 upgrades)|
|Total Sell Amount||$27540||$32400||$34992||$38400 ($46560 with path 1 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$34425||$40500||$43740||$48000 ($58200 with path 1 upgrades)|
The Super Monkey in Bloons TD 6 has a similar appearance to the Super Monkey in Bloons Super Monkey 2 Mobile. A new upgrade called Ultravision allows the Super Monkey to now hit camo bloons.
Path 1 Edit
|Laser Blasts||$2,295||$||$||$||pls add these pics|
|True Sun God||$425,000||$||$||$||150,000|
|Total Sell Amount||$||$||$||$||N/A|
Path 2 Edit
|Total Sell Amount||$101,000||$||$||$||N/A|
Path 3 Edit
|Legend of The Night||$170,000||$||$||$||100,000|
|Total Sell Amount||$||$||$||$||N/A|
The Super Monkey flies over five different levels (plain, jungle, ice, volcano, space) popping bloons while upgrading its abilities. Upon completing the game, the Super Monkey flies up and a crowd cheering is heard. If you lose, it shows an animation of a ripped cape hanging from a tree.
It acts the same as the original Bloons Super Monkey, it flies in 4 different zones (Monkey Lane, Bloon Dunes, Deep Bloon Sea and Mount Magma), popping bloons, collecting Power Blops and upgrading its abilities.
The Super Monkey makes a cameo appearance, using lasers that can destroy anything, including metal blocks. Use it if you can't complete a certain level. Super Monkeys are limited, so they are best only used when the player thinks the level is very difficult. In addition, you can use a free super monkey on any level you have completed.
Differences between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Jungle Drums can increase the attack speed of the Super Monkey.
Warning message will now always pop up whenever the player upgrades a Sun God to a Temple of the Monkey God (this helps reduce the number of unwanted Temples, allows the player to consider if they want to build a temple in the first place, and lowers the chance of a player accidentally sacrificing towers upon purchase).
Footprint size will no longer increase upon being upgraded from Sun Gods to Temples of the Monkey God. Instead, the footprint remains the same as a normal Super Monkey footprint (like all its other upgrades).
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
Outside of club arenas such as Mega Boosts and Bananza Mode, The Super Monkey is rarely used because it is too expensive and ineffective as an early-game tower (a 0/0 Super Monkey can't handle grouped Blue Bloons), due to poor lower-level upgrades and a lack of camo detection. Over the years, it has been given various buffs, the most significant of which is Version 4.6, decreasing the cost of the base tower and both of its range upgrades.
The only popular loadouts that utilize the Super Monkey is Ninja-Farm-Super (in Bananza), and Wizard-Farm-Super (also in Bananza).
- The Super Monkey is based off of Superman, with its uniform, cape, and laser vision.
- In BTD5, tier 3 and 4 of Path 1 upgrades is ancient-themed, while the Path 2 upgrades is future-themed, which is a pattern repeated with the Ninja Monkey and Boomerang Thrower and loosely with the Sub, Dart Monkey, Banana Farm, Monkey Ace, and Village, but reversed with the Buccaneer.
- Super Monkeys are the only tower in BTD 1 with only 1 upgrade.
- In BTD5, Epic Range gives the Super Monkey a green cape and Plasma Vision gives it a purple cape.
- There is a game based on the Super Monkey called Bloons Super Monkey; the Super Monkey harnesses the powers of the Boomerang Thrower, Missile Launcher and MOAB Mauler. It has its own sequel named Bloons Super Monkey 2 and its mobile version, with also harnessing the powers of the Monkey Apprentice and Ice Tower only in those sequels.
- When Super Monkeys are upgraded with Laser Vision they still can't pop lead bloons unless you are playing in the iOS or Nintendo DSi/3DS version of Bloons TD 4.
- The Laser Vision's description fails to mention this very useful feature, despite it still mentioning that it can pop frozen bloons. This means the Laser Vision's ability to pop leads may be a bug.
- Dart monkeys can use the Super Monkey Fan Club Ability to become an 0/0 (unupgraded) Super Monkey in BTD5 for a limited time. However, 0/0 SMFC dart monkeys are better than 0/0 super monkeys because their darts have more pierce, and can be placed more densely due to the Dart Monkey's smaller footprint.
- The Super Monkey's status of the ultimate tower is debatable, the Super Monkey cannot pop camos unaided unless it is upgraded to Temple of The Monkey God or under the effect of a x/2 Monkey Village. Furthermore, without any upgrades, it is easily outstripped by Yellow Bloons and Pink Bloons (shown to the right, unless the Super Monkey is well-placed).
- A Monkey Buccaneer with the Destroyer upgrade in BTD5 is roughly the equivalent of a Super Monkey with no upgrades, but in water. It fires slightly slower, but it is cheaper, has more range, camo detection (if upgraded to Crow's Nest), and the darts pierce through 5 bloons and there are additional grapes (if the Destroyer also has Grape Shot).
- The Bloon Annihilation Ability of the Technological Terror cannot destroy camos even if the tower has camo detection.
- In BTD5, the 3rd upgrade on either path for the Super Monkey makes him lose his cape.
- The "Robo-Monkey" upgrade is a reference to the 1987 film, Robo-Cop.
- A Temple of the Monkey God with no sacrifices is weaker than a regular Sun God. This is because a Sun God shoots 3 rays every 2 frames, while a Temple shoots 1 bigger ray.
- It is advised to get a Monkey Fort with the Super Monkey, it will allow its darts to pop two bloons instead of one, making it far more efficient.
- The 3rd and the 4th upgrades from Path 1 suggests a superhero so amazing that he is turned into a god, but the Path 2 upgrades suggest a superhero who has succumbed to the malvagity.
- The Super Monkey has been nerfed in Bloons TD Battles to shoot at half speed.
- In Bloons Tower Defense 2, a glitch may happen where sometimes the Laser Vision upgrade won't pop frozen bloons.
- In BTD5 iOS, when playing on Easy and the Super Monkey is influenced by Monkey Village, the Laser Vision upgrade costs $5 more if compared to the price of BTD5 online and Deluxe.
- According to Bloons Super Monkey 2, the Super Monkey's powers are immune to water. Also, it seems to be able to either breathe underwater, or hold its breath extremely long.
- In BTD5, if the Robo-Monkey upgrade is bought before the laser or plasma upgrade, the Robo-Monkey will shoot regular darts out of both of its arms. However, these darts can pop lead bloons.
- Super Monkey 0/4 does the same exact damage as a 2/4 on iOS, but has slightly lower popping power than the Super Monkey in the original version.
- In Bloons TD, BTD2 and BTD5 there is a pre-round comment that asks if the player has a Super Monkey already.
- The pre-round comment gets shorter and shorter from game to game.
- In Bloons TD 5 Mobile, a Super Monkey with Laser Vision destroys any single M.O.A.B. Class Bloon faster than one upgraded to Plasma Vision because the lasers register as two hits instead of one.
- When the Super Monkey is upgraded to the Temple of the Monkey God, the face is looking down, instead of up, unlike every other tower.
- In Bloons TD 5, the 3/2 Super Monkey is twice as money efficient as the 2/3, as shown in this document.
- A Temple of the Monkey God can sacrifice another Temple of the Monkey God but does not combine powers of the sacrificed one.
- This is the fastest tower with no upgrades to pop an MOAB layer.
- Super Monkeys seems to have a little footprint but actually its footprint is a bit larger. Placing another Super Monkey nearby seems to have a little gap with the first one.
- The True Sun God (The tier after Temple of the Monkey God) in BTD 6 can pop 50 Big Airship of Doom (B.A.D.) or even more if the sacrifice is done correctly.This is been tested by a youtuber called Aliensrock in his video named (Bloons Tower Defense 6 - 5th Tier Temple - The True Sun God).At the end of the video he tried the Perfect True Sun God in Sandbox mode which resulted in a lot of devastation.
- To get a Perfect Sacrifice of the Temple of the Monkey God in BTD 6 you need to sacrifice 50,000$ worth of Primary towers (Blue), 50,000$ worth of Military towers (Green), 50,000$ worth of Magic towers (Violet) to get the Perfect Sacrifice.You get 2 golden Planes that can shot fast, the Temple of the Monkey God can spawn mini Sun Gods (Sun Avatars) that attacks bloons however it can only have 3, it shoots mini golden missile every second,it also shoots 6 homing magic balls every second, and It shoots Golden Plasma Balls.To get a Perfect Sacrifice of the True Sun God in BTD 6, the method is the same with the Temple of the Monkey God, 50,000$ worth of Primary towers (Blue), 50,000$ worth of Military towers (Green), 50,000$ worth of Magic towers (Violet).You Get 4 instead of 2 planes, It can spawn mini Sun Gods (Sun Avatars) with a limit of 6, It will shoot golden saws all around every second, just like the Temple of the Monkey God it can shoot mini golden missile and 6 homing magic balls every second, it also creates a plasma explosion near it every few seconds, and it shoots Big Golden Plasma Balls.