|“||Supply Drop Ability: Drops a crate full of cash.||”|
|~ Official Bloons TD 5 description|
Supply Drop Ability is the final upgrade on Path 2 for the Sniper Monkey in Bloons Tower Defense 5, costing $10200 on Easy, $12000 on Medium, $12960 on Hard and $14400 on Impoppable. When used, this ability summons an Operation: Dart Storm plane (which does not attack) to drop a small crate with a banana symbol on it, identical to the crates produced by the Banana Research Facilty. It contains a random amount of money between $500 and $1500; the player must hover their mouse cursor over the crate to collect the money from the crate. When first purchased, this ability must go through a 60-second chargeup before use, probably to prevent placing x/4 Snipers, selling them, and buying them to use the ability again and again. However, the cooldown for the ability is also 60 seconds.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Supply Drop Ability no longer includes an initial cooldown.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
- Version 3.1
Supply Drop price decreased ($12000 → $8000).
- Version 3.9
Supply Drop price decreased ($8000 → $7000).
- Version 4.6
Supply Drop now adds a +33% attack speed boost to the tower.
- In Bloons Tower Defense 5 (including Deluxe), this is the only ability that has to cooldown upon purchasing. This is probably intentional. This does not apply to Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile.
- If you sell the sniper while the Operation Dartstorm is flying, the plane will be gone, but the crate will appear after a few seconds.
- Supply Drop Ability is not useable in Deflation Mode because you could slowly earn money back. Although in BTD5 iOS Supply Drop can be bought and used, the crates will not give the player any money.
- A handful of Supply Drop Sniper Monkeys can earn lots of cash if you can survive during the longer rounds, becoming more efficient than Farms, which give fixed amount of money per round.
- A bug involves spamming the Supply Drop Ability button on a computer that has lots of lag; there can occasionally be extra Supply Drops.
- With enough Supply Drop Snipers, this can make the average cash earned per crate $1500.
- In Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile the Monkey Farmer and the Bloonchipper with the tier 4 specialty building can collect crates delivered from the ability.
- Strategies for exploiting the use of Supply Drop Ability is called Supply Drop Farming.
- Upon buying this upgrade, it will rename the tower to a "Supply Drop Sniper".