|“||Abilities: drops med and cash crates, or can pick up and reposition most towers.||”|
|~ Official Bloons TD 5 Mobile description.|
Support Chinook is the final upgrade on the second path for the Heli Pilot. It gives the Heli Pilot abilities to pick up and move towers or drop medical and cash crates. This is the only way to obtain additional lives in Deflation Mode without buying Healthy Bananas.
Every Heli Pilot Chinook Ability starts with cash, then the second one with lives and the process repeats.
Every cash crate will drop a random value between $1500 and $2500.
Every med crate will drop a random value between 50 and 75 lives.
- Support Chinook is the only upgrade that gives the tower two Special Abilities.
- The Support Chinook is from the real Boeing-Vertol CH-47.
- It can't pick up a Temple of The Monkey God and the ability is wasted if the player tries, similar to if the player attempts to use a Monkey Pirates ability when there are only Z.O.M.G.s or if there is no bloons on screen.
- However, if trying to pick up a Monkey Village, it cannot pick it up but still doesn't use the pick up ability and still can pick up other towers.
- One of the abilities this upgrade unlocks gives lives in Deflation Mode, which is probably unintentional.
- There is a glitch where if a player moves a sun god before it becomes a temple you technically can move a temple but you are moving a sun god on top of a temple.
- However, this has been fixed in the 2.17 update, unallowing towers to upgrade before picked up by the Heli Pilot, as seen here.