- Initial cost is 500
- Second upgrade costs 500
- Third upgrade costs 850 (Increases popping power to 16 every other shot. (32 for Tack Sprayer)
- (Bloons TD 5 Mobile only) Fourth upgrade costs 1100. Tacks get an extra pierce every shot.
- (While active) Increases the cost of Bomb Towers (Boomerang Throwers if Mobile version) and their upgrades by 5%
- The bonuses from Tiers 3 and 4 do not stack. The bonus from Tier 4 is simply an upgrade of Tier 3.
- There are six 0/0 Tack Shooters inside the garage.
- There are boxes of tacks outside and one of them has opened, and all of the tacks fell out.
- The description says Tack Towers, but their name is Tack Shooters.
- This is one of the few Specialty Buldings where it costs 500 to purchase the building, the others being the Dart Training Facility and Spikes R Us.
- The level 3 and 4 effects of the Tack Research Center prove extremely useful for the Tack Sprayer, as it has a popping power of 16 (1 per tack) by default, increasing its popping power to 32 (2 per tack).