Target Priority is a special option that most towers in the Bloons TD series have. It is used to indicate to the tower what bloons it should attack. It can be changed by the player at any time. To change it, the player must click or tap the tower, and then choose one of the options found in the Target Priority selector.
In the Bloons TD series, there are a total of five standard Target Priorities. The priorities are:
- First makes the tower attack the Bloons that are farthest down the track in its range. This is the default choice.
- Last makes the tower attack the Bloons that are the closest to the start of the track in the tower's range.
- Close makes the tower attacks Bloons closest to the tower in the tower's range.
- Strong attacks the strongest Bloons in the tower's range.
Bloons TD 3Edit
In Bloons TD 3, there are 2 selections for target priority. They are:
Bloons TD 4Edit
In Bloons TD 4, there are an additional 2 selections for target priority, bringing the total up to 4. They are:
Bloons TD 5Edit
In Bloons TD 5, the Weak target priority was replaced by Close. There are also 4 different target priorities.
Special Target PrioritiesEdit
Certain towers have the ability to use different and unique Target Priorities or to use Target Priorities that they didn't originally have.
The Heli Pilot has four moving systems, which are selected in the Target Priority selector.
- Follow Touch
- Follow Touch will make the Heli Pilot move to where the player taps.
- Lock in Place
- Lock in Place will make the Heli Pilot stop where it is when the Target Priority is selected.
- Patrol will make the Heli Pilot move between two spots chosen by the player.
- Pursuit is the same as target priority First, except the Heli Pilot will follow the bloons while shooting them. It is unlocked with the purchase of the second upgrade on the first path, with the same name as the target priority.
The Monkey Sub has a special Target Priority known as Submerge. Submerge changes the tower's attack to reveal Camo Bloons in the Monkey Sub's Range. It is unlocked with the third path one upgrade, Submerge and Support. If it has the Bloontonium Reactor upgrade, it will reveal Camo bloons, pop bloons, and reduce water tower cooldowns by 15%.
The aircraft has Three Mobile Systems, which are
- 8 - causes the plane to fly to form an "8", namely making two circles vertically.
- ∞ - does the same thing as the previous form, but horizontally. Resembling a "figure eight lying."
- o - causes the plane to fly in circles
Towers without Target PrioritiesEdit
Certain towers do not have Target Priorities.
- Tack Shooter
- Ice Tower
- Mortar Tower
- Banana Farm
- Monkey Village
- When the Monkey Village is upgraded to High Energy Beacon, Target Priorities become available.
- Dartling Gun
- The Tier 3 Dartling Ammo Dump allows the Dartling Gun to fire toward a fixed position.
- In this case, their two settings would be "Mouse" and "Fixed".
- Spike Factory