|“||The Temple demands sacrifice. Its arsenal of unstoppable bloon destruction is enhanced and modified by the types of towers sacrificed. Use at your own peril.||”|
|~ BTD5 Description|
|“||The Temple demands a heavy price. All nearby towers will be sacrificed, enhancing the Temple's already awesome power in different ways. Proceed at your own risk.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 Mobile, when the player upgrades to the Temple|
Temple of the Monkey God, also known as Sun God Temple, Monkey God Temple, or T.O.T.M.G for short is the final upgrade of the Super Monkey on Path 1. It is the most expensive upgrade in BTD5, costing $85,000 in Easy, $100,000 in Medium, $108,000 on Hard. When Sun God is upgraded to Temple, everything in the range of the Sun God will disappear and is sacrificed. Sacrifices are what makes this tower worth its price. If you buy this upgrade with another one within range, the other one will disappear.
The Temple of the Monkey God can be unlocked once the user reaches Rank 32 and when the player gets enough XP after the Robo Monkey is unlocked. Note that the temple requires some sacrifice to effectively defeat bloons. Each sunbeam fired from the temple could pop 50 bloons without sacrifices. The temple can attack Camo Bloons regardless of upgrades or sacrifices. It is also best to place in the track center due to its range.
How to Build an early Temple (iOS) Edit
- Go and select Patch on Easy.
- With free Dart Monkey, put near entrance.
- Build Banana Farm on far left. ASAP, upgrade to More Bananas.
- Upgrade Dart Monkey with Sharp Shots.
- Build another 1/0 Banana Farm on the right of the other one.
- Wait for next free Dart Monkey. Upgrade to 0/1.
- Build third 1/0 Banana Farm next to other one.
- Buy Monkey Sub.
- Buy forth 1/0 Banana Farm next to other one.
- Buy fifth 1/0 Banana Farm below the forth one.
- As soon as bloons start to leak, use Road Spikes. Upgrade Monkey Sub 1/0.
- Buy sixth 1/0 Banana Farm next to fifth one.
- Buy free Dart Monkey. Upgrade all 3 Dart Monkeys 2/1.
- Buy seventh 1/0 Dart Monkey left to sixth one.
- Buy eighth 1/0 Banana Farm left to seventh one.
- Buy free Dart Monkey, and upgrade all to 2/2.
- Buy ninth Banana Farm below eighth one.
- Upgrade Monkey Sub to Advanced Intel.
- Buy tenth 1/0 Banana Farm right of ninth one.
- Buy final 1/0 Banana Farm right of tenth one.
- Upgrade 2 Dart Monkeys with Triple Darts.
- Wait until you buy Super Monkey Fan Club. Use on Round 40.
- Start upgrading Banana Farms to 2/0.
- Start upgrading Banana Farms ot 3/0.
- Upgrade Monkey Sub to 2/3.
- Start buying 2/3 free Dart Monkeys. Don't forget to use ability on Rounds 43 and 46.
- Buy Super Monkey.
- Start upgrading Banana Farms to 4/2.
- Buy Monkey Village to influence Super Monkey.
- Upgrade Super Monkey to 3/1.
- For great power, buy 4/2 Monkey Apprentice, 4/2 Mortar Tower, 4/2 Glue Gunner, and 4/2 Ice Tower near Super Monkey.
By rounds 48-50, you should have a T.O.T.M.G.
- Main article: Temple of the Monkey God/Sacrifices
How to put Temples near each otherEdit
- A temple of any sacrificial and external (use of Monkey Villages) enhancements shoots a ray with limited popping power. Simply put, a Temple's ray cannot always go through everything like a Ray of Doom (4-2 Dartling Gun).
- A Temple with no sacrifices is slightly more powerful than a sun god.
- This is debatable, because as while its spread is worse and doesn't do as much to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons, it can break through Ceramic Bloons, and for that matter, other non M.O.A.B. classes more effectively. Though by the time you can afford one, it may be too late for that.
- A Temple of the Monkey God cannot sacrifice a Wizard Lord or Monkey Town in their respective Special Missions for computer versions. It can sacrifice those towers on ios, though.
- In Bloons TD5 Mobile, if the player upgrades to Temple of the Monkey God, the player is given an option if he/she can officially upgrade to it.
- Temple of the Monkey God is the most expensive and largest upgrade in Bloons Tower Defense 5.
- A max Temple of the Monkey God is currently the most powerful tower in the whole Bloons Tower Defense series when it comes to damage per second.
- During its construction animation (before the head pops up), there is a picture of a skull on the Temple. This might lampshade its incredible power.
- All Special Agents apart from Bloonberry Bush can be sacrificed, but they only add a blade attack.
- If the player sells a Temple of the Monkey God before its construction animation is done, it will not disappear until the animation is finished.
- The optimal Temple is obtained by sacrifing $30,000 worth of each of these: Monkey Apprentices, Ice Towers, bomb or Mortar Towers, Glue Gunners, and any other towers.
- Placing a temple within a Monkey Village's radius will make the 'head' face left.
- The Bloons TD 5 Deluxe sunrays look more realistic, but they have no statistical change. In the Co-op Mode update in Bloons TD 5, the sunrays from BTD5 Deluxe was used.
- Only towers that have their centers within range of the Super Monkey will be sacrificed.
- One maxed temple can stop a near-infinite stream of BFBs, and an infinite stream of anything MOABs or lower.
- In Bloons TD 5 Mobile, temples used to be much weaker. This was fixed on version 1.2, so that the temples are now equal in power to the ones in Bloons TD 5 and Bloons TD 5 Deluxe.
- It is possible to sacrifice a Temple of the Monkey God for another Temple of the Monkey God, but doing so has little effect apart from the improving the sun ray and adding blades. Also, any sacrifices on the previous temple will NOT be added to the new temple, effectively wasting a sacrificed Temple of the Monkey God and the money used to sacrifice it.
- When the temple is built in a Co-op Mode, it also sacrifices towers of the player's ally if they are in range.
- The upgrade button of this upgrade looks similar to the Monkey Temple track from Bloons Tower Defense 4 Expansion.
- Despite the Monkey Engineer and the Bloonchipper being powerful alone, when sacrificed, it only allows the T.O.T.M.G to shoot darts.
- Golden Missles fired from the Temple may target bloons that the Temple itself may not be targeting, if it can also be considered a target of the target priority, similarly to a Robo-Monkey or Technological Terror after an update.
- Sacrificing 3 4/2 Mortar Towers (The Big Ones) will add 6 Golden Missiles.
- If you buy lots of Cash Injections on the first round you can get a T.O.T.M.G. However this is expensive and requires 2000.
- If you do Regen Farming you can get a T.O.T.M.G on one of the sockets in The Crucible.