|“||Throws three darts at a time instead of one.||”|
Triple Darts is the 3rd upgrade of path two for the Dart Monkey. It can make a Dart Monkey shoot 3 darts instead of one dart. It may help a lot early on depending on what towers you can buy. Its icon appears as 3 purple darts and costs $280 on Easy, $330 on Medium, $355 on Hard and $395 on Impoppable.
The upgrade allows the Dart Monkey to pop up to 12 bloons.
- This upgrade is a good alternative if the tower isn't well placed to upgrade to Spike-O-Pult.
- This upgrade may have been based on the Triple Shot bloon from Bloons and Bloons 2.
- It will pop 2, or even 3 layers of bloons if hit in close range, because a bloon is hit by 2 or 3 darts.
- A massive amount of Triple Darts can destroy a rush of Ceramic Bloons or single MOABs.
- A lot of these combined with some Juggernauts (for Leads) or with Splodey Darts premium you can beat most tracks on Easy or Medium difficulties and some on Hard.
- These are helpful with Splodey Darts: In fact, you can beat most tracks on any difficulty by spamming 2/3 dart monkeys if you have Splodey Darts. Tier 3 Dart Training Facility is very helpful with this strategy.
- With the Dart Training Facility Specialty Building, you can get 2-3 Dart Monkeys for roughly 1100/1200/1400 Money with a paid tower and 950/1050/1250 Money with a free tower, being Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulties, respectively.
- This tower is better on the mobile versions of Bloons TD because the darts are much larger, meaning it will pop more bloons most of the time.
- In BMC Mobile, you have a chance that you get a hint that tells "Dart Monkey's triple SHOT upgrade ". This was probably unintentional.
- This tower is surprisingly useful in Battles, due for its ability to deal with both spaced and grouped bloons effectively.